Nayan Bichali

Deputy director of Food & civil supplies (PIO)

Question

Nayan Bichali

How to apply FAA ? With format completely.

I'm APPLIED for seeking information of BPL card status and in which officer it's there and any documents PENDING etc, after 40days over no reply...

I'm new user of RTI

Please give me complete format for this particular issue and suggestions and guidance.

Waiting for reply.IMG_20180911_132931.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using RTI INDIA mobile app

11 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

If the ration card is for below poverty line applicant, it should be filed under LIFE or LIBERTY clause and information must be provided within 48 hours.   You can also file first appeal ;under Life or Liberty clause.  Sample of first appeal given below.

First Appeal dt.12th Nov, 2018 under RTI Act. filed under Life or Liberty clause.

(Appeal to be decided within 48 hours as per CIC decisions on ration cards)

Before: First Appellate Authority Food and civil supplies....

PIO: State Public information officerDeputy Director, Raichur

Appellant: Nayan Bachali,............................(Full address)

Grounds for Appeal: Applicant has solicited information on ...........................seeking information on reasons for inordinate delay in issuing ration card and to know present status of such card issual, and official responsible for the delay..  PIO has neither provided the information nor denied information stating such exemption under RTI Act with justification.  Considering the application as deemed denial of information this first appeal.  Copy of self attested RTI Application pasted on back as xerox copy with such service proof of postal receipt.

PRAYER: Appellant prays for directing SPIO to provide requested information as expeditiously as possible free of cost and the appeal may be disposed within 48 hours under Life or Liberty clause.

Applicant.

Check website of Food and Civil supplies to locate FAA, format of first appeal if any.  Wait for one week from date of registerig and then go for second appeal for State Information commission.

Nayan Bichali
If the ration card is for below poverty line applicant, it should be filed under LIFE or LIBERTY clause and information must be provided within 48 hours.   You can also file first appeal ;under Life or Liberty clause.  Sample of first appeal given below.

First Appeal dt.12th Nov, 2018 under RTI Act. filed under Life or Liberty clause.
(Appeal to be decided within 48 hours as per CIC decisions on ration cards)
Before: First Appellate Authority Food and civil supplies....
PIO: State Public information officerDeputy Director, Raichur
Appellant: Nayan Bachali,............................(Full address)

Grounds for Appeal: Applicant has solicited information on ...........................seeking information on reasons for inordinate delay in issuing ration card and to know present status of such card issual, and official responsible for the delay..  PIO has neither provided the information nor denied information stating such exemption under RTI Act with justification.  Considering the application as deemed denial of information this first appeal.  Copy of self attested RTI Application pasted on back as xerox copy with such service proof of postal receipt.
PRAYER: Appellant prays for directing SPIO to provide requested information as expeditiously as possible free of cost and the appeal may be disposed within 48 hours under Life or Liberty clause.

Applicant.

Check website of Food and Civil supplies to locate FAA, format of first appeal if any.  Wait for one week from date of registerig and then go for second appeal for State Information commission.
My friend also RTI activist, he said it's not coming under Life or Liberty clause...

I'm fully confused it's 30 days or 48hours?

Prasad GLN

The confusion comes due to lack of understanding of RTI Act before filing an application.

Read in your mother tongue Sec.7 (1)

For general information, the period is for 30 days.Sec.7 (1) First para.

For information on Life or Liberty of a person --48 hours.Sec.7 (1) second para.

Your issue of Ration card comes under Life or Liberty as per CIC decisions earlier, hence PIO must respond within 48 hours from date of receipt.

Ask your friend to look at CIC decisions and advise him to learn more before giving guidance to others.

• Like 1

Nayan Bichali

Thank you so much

Nayan Bichali

Till now I'm not got reply from FAA,

HOW TO APPROACH TO 2ND APPEALS?

Provide me complete format & steps to be followed.

Prasad GLN

and you have to file second appeal to State Information Commission.  As you have a friend who is RTI Activist, he can guide you in filing second appeal.  You may include the following for second appeal.

Second Appeal befoe State Information Commission, ....... dt..........................filed under Life or Liberty clause.

Against SPIO:

FAA:

Appellant.

Brief facts:  PIO has neither provided information nor denied information for my RTI Application dt.....on status of Ration card.  Treating the information as deemed denial first appeal was filed before FAA..............and FAA remained silent.   The service proofs with self-attested copies of the application and first appeal enclosed as Encl:1 and Encl:2.  Though the information solicited was under Life and liberty clause, neither PIO nor FAA responded.  The copy of the second appeal was sent to PIO and a service proof of Registered post pasted hereunder.

Grounds for Appeal: Deemed denial of information by PIO and no response for First Appeal.

PRAYER: Appellant prays

for directions to SPIO  for providing the information as expeditiously as possible free of cost

for a penalty against deliberate and malafide denial of information under life or liberty cause

for recommending disciplinary action for failure in his statutory obligation.   

Appellant.

Nayan Bichali

I'm APPLIED for Ration card but still it's not updated in online, RTI PIO and FAA APPLIED, time also over no reply , I have to apply 2nd appeal, but today got call from food INSPECTOR saying , required these details he said.

Give me some advice and suggestions, shall I apply for 2nd appeal or not, shall I follow Food INSPECTOR instructions?

Prasad GLN

You have received adequate guidance with such formats for appeals and you have been advised to go for the second appeal with the assistance of your RTI Activist friend, who has been guiding you.

If food inspector requires details, you have to provide them in a normal course, this is not under RTI.

You have to attend the requirements for FI and as well go for an appeal to IC which are independent.

Remember that you can get a ration card as per requirements of dept and you have to comply them.

With RTI you can get only information and not ration card.

Edited by Prasad GLN
  • Like 1

Nayan Bichali

Please send me CiC decision copy on date 24/03/2014 (Kausalya vs food and supply Dept. GNCTD file no CIC/AD/A/2012/003135-SA & others)

Nayan Bichali

I'm APPLIED for second appeal, while taking APPLICATION they told me after one month you will get the SIC case number through message to your mobile number..

I have to wait, further I will update.