RBCHAVAN

salary details

Question

RBCHAVAN

Firstly sorry for posting my earlier query in another opened thread.

Sir,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        My second appeal (KIC8376APL2018)was dismissed on 27/11/2018 by citing WP 34085/2011 of the Karnataka High Court  & SLP 27734/12 of Supreme Court of India.The Information Commissioner  rejected by appeal citing section 8(1) (j) of the RTI Act.The information I sought was "certified copy of the latest salary details of Mr. ABC working in Forest Dept. along with his date of retirement " Are the decisions by the above courts relevant regarding the information I have sought for. Interestingly while posting this query I received the information sought from the Range Forest Officer (PIO) dated 05/11/2018 registered to me on 27/11/2018.

2 answers to this question

Sunil Ahya

Kindly file a first appeal stating that, the salary details are supposed to be disclosed in mandatory compliance of section 4(1)(b) (x) of the RTI Act. Please find the same quoted below:

4.(1) Every public authority shall—

b)publish within one hundred and twenty days from the enactment of this Act,—

(x) the monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations;

Also, file a new RTI application seeking photocopies of the entire suo-motu disclosure made under section 4(1)(b).

Prasad GLN

It appears that though second appeal was dismissed, PIO has provided the information member sought for.