News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
C.GUHAN

RTI behalf of my wife

Question

C.GUHAN

Respected  Members,

My wife is government servant who has CCL (Child care leave) payment pending. I put RTI Application behalf of my wife with my wife’s NOC Letter for asking detail of CCL Payment. We did not get any replay from PIO. Also the department employee are scolding my for RTI issue, purposely they refusing to do some other office works on time and  also denied weekly off on time.

1.       My wife been targeted by the department in this case what we should do?

2.       I have attached may document with RTI Application, same document should i attached even with first appeal?.

Thanking You.

8 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

These are usual threats by almost all employers and still exercising a right is treated as sin.

Focus on issue.  Inform PIO's response.

If PIO has failed to provide information within 35 days from date of receipt of your application, file first appeal on grounds of deemed denial and enclose copy of RTI with all those enclosures and seek personal hearing also

ArunSethi

@C.GUHAN Take Print out of the whole actions , i.e. RTI Application and Answers and the targeted action taken in writing against your wife. Then draft the application of the summary for covering in duplicate. Get received or speed post or fax to the immediate higher authority or to the education minister. Then again keep record. Further don't afraid.

Sunil Ahya

If you have requested for information and have not received it, then the best way forward is to file a first appeal under section 19(1) of the RTI Act with the concerned First Appellate Authority. Please check for the necessary formats of filing first appeal.

C.GUHAN

On 21/02/2019 i have First Appeal Hearing by respective department. But today somebody (department official) has scold my wife that what your husband is thinking how can he put RTI Application for asking details, why your husband is doing ‘smartgiri’. During hearing i will show him who we are.  The official was very rode and challenging to wife. My wife is too scared.

As a RTI Applicant how do i handle this kind of open threat from respective department?

To where should i complaint this kind of threat and giving mental depression to RTI Applicant?  

vijayakumarburri

Friend, Follow the same method,
You just post his voice record on your face book and tag the same to the all concerns.

Sent from my Lenovo A6010 using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

Let the appellant depute a representative mostly an advocate and let all the proceedings are recorded with permission of FAA.  These kinds of threats are common whenever any employee or his representative seeks such information.  The first step before filing RTI Application is thinking for a while, whether this step ultimately brings a remedy for the concerned or the relations deteriorate further.  Except approaching through Union leaders, these issues can not be solved through RTI.

C.GUHAN

RTI Applicant can not complaint to any other authority against PIO for this kind of threatening?. 

what will do RTI Applicant if suppose life threatening by against party?.

or if threatening via riving like transfer, departmental change or at least RTI Applicant can not react against the PIO who asking RTI applicant ' why are you put RTI Applicantion?'.

Prasad GLN

Threats and harassment is not confined to RTI, it depends on attitude of individual official who never likes any one that question his actions.  Whether under RTI or not, the threats and harassment have different course of remedy by reporting to higher authorities or making criminal cases.  But, let us not forget that in this game, there are losses on both sides.  It is true that some  PIOs still put idiotic questions as why you are filing RTI Applications, knowing well that they are not empowered to question the reasons and the purpose of RTI is to seek reasons for their actions.