- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
By Shree Vathsan
I had sought few details on cab driver Rajesh suicide due to police harassment with the O/o Commissioner of Police. However the CoP has transferred to JC West when only point no. 2 is related with JC office.
Until now the police personnel responsible for instigating the suicide has not been found. Further the JC report has not been made public.
While the suicide(done at Maraimalai Nagar railway track) case was registered by railway police and case is closed as suicide. But only CSR has been registered in the place of occurance of police abuse(Anna Nagar).
Can details of police personnel on duty at the AnnaNagar police station on the date of occurrence of the incident be sought under RTI?
For further details on the incident pls read here https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/chennai-cab-driver-alleges-harassment-cops-video-kills-himself-protests-ensue-96006
Sent from my SM-J510FN using RTI INDIA mobile app
Mumbai Police yet to receive money from Wankhde Stadium for the security provided in the last 17 matchesBy rohitab
Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) is yet to pay their dues to Mumbai Police for the security provided in the last 17 matches played at the Wankhde Stadium in Mumbai.
Mumbai-based RTI activist Anil Galgali had filed the query under RTI to Mumbai Police asking how much MCA owes to them for utilizing their services. Information provided to Galgali by the police department, raised everyone's eyebrows as amount has crossed Rs 13 crore.
The Public Information Officer and Asst Police Commissioner (Coordination) Tanaji Surulkar provided the information compiled by the Bandobast Division that, including the 3 ICC World Twenty20, Women's World Cup, Test Match, Practice Match & One Day Match, 17 matches were played in Mumbai for which charged amounting to Rs 13,41,74,177, which is still pending for last 62 months.
On top of it, police department has not charged interest to them. The working style of police department not charging interest to MCA has raised several questions.