rajthak

After second appeal

Question

rajthak

I file RTI application. PIO provide incomplete information but not in specific time frame. I file first appeal claiming PIO provide incomplete information and not as per specific time as per RTI so information should be provided free of cost. FAA order that information should be provided on 15 days free of cost. PIO send information by registered post but incomplete. I file second appeal before CIC challenging that information provided by PIO is incomplete so action should be taken as per RTI act under section 20. CIC order in my favour that information should be provided in 15 days by registered post and also report of why information wasn't provided by PIO. PIO file report but after 15 days as I have personally visited CIC office on 15th day in evening. The report file has no received stamp of CIC office there is no evidence but date on report has shown 15 day as per CIC order. After waiting for 85 days I file complaint under section 18. On 5th day after my complaint I received another registered post information but incomplete send by PIO. After few months hearing was held by CIC office to verify the documents in the hearing PIO wasn't present only myself. In between CIC retired. Till the date hearing hasn't been taken. Last week I personally visited CIC office for inquiring about status of my complaint but the file have lost from CIC office. Now what should I do please suggest.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using RTI INDIA mobile app

9 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

File RTI application to PIO for inspection of all the documents related in the  RTI issue.   Get all their correspondence and your copies duly certified, make a duplicate set and especially pray for priority hearing, as documents were misplaced by CIC.  As an entire set of their and your documents are certified copies, the PIO can not object for anything, and maybe CIC will be happier as you are not bringing their negligence in misplacing the record.

rajthak

Respected Sir as I have already taken inspection and also copies of documents like report of PIO file, ( no received stamp by CIC ) verification note sheet ( in which PIO wasn't present noted ) and other documents. Now does I have to file complaint of lost of file.

Prasad GLN

`In case of missing/lost files, the only option to open the case is submitting a reconstructed record and requesting for fresh consideration.  If there is any other option, kindly inform so that others can also get such guidance.

rajthak

Sir Prasad GLN could not get it please explain again. Thanks

Prasad GLN

Simply submit another set of second appea documents in entire duly self certified once again to CIC with BOLD UNDERLINED COMMENT. on top of second appeal and mark a copy of second appeal to PIO by Regd post.

DUPLICATE  SET SUBMITTED AS ORIGINAL WAS REPORTED AS LOST BY CIC. PRIORITY IN HEARING AS PER ORIGINAL DATE.

• Like 1

rajthak

Respected members as I personally meet to office of CIC and told the department head that my file has been lost/missing. Immediately action has been taken and after two hours searching file has got. Somebody of department has intentionally hide it. Thanks for you respected members guide.

Prasad GLN

This is usual practice in many ICs.  Glad that you have such perseverance.  Perseverance always pays.  But, what happened to ultimate hearing date on priority and action initiated for misplacement of file at CIC ?

rajthak

As I again visited to office I have been told that in a month hearing will be held and the letter of hearing will be posted.

• Like 1