News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
garg0505

Exepert opinion is required .

Question

garg0505

An RTI was filled by me on 19.11.18 to PIO to finance Department as enclosed herewith, Now PIO has replied that since you have asked certain questions in the disguise of  seeking information under RTI act. Asking the question is not covered under definition of "Information" as provided u/s 2(f) of the RTI act. Therefore the Questions asked by me can not replied under RTI Act 2005.

Further PIO says Nonetheless I may visit the office of S.O.(Civil Establishment-II) inspect the concerned file on any working day between 03:00 pm to 04:pm and identify the required papers/documents. Same shall be provided the photocopies of required documents after depositing the prescribed fee @ Rs.2/- per page.

So please guide me the use of word "Weather" comes under the definition of question?

PIO reply after 55 Days and not trying to deemed and denies the information.

May please advice further course of action, as I am not interested to visit the office. 

RTI application Dated 19.11.2018 PIO CBS..docx

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Avoid arguing with idiots.  The CIC has decided several years back that if the information is available as a record material form, the type of query is not relevant.  Just imagine if you file RTI Application to PMO seeking information on the full name of the PM in two ways.

1. What is the full form of the name of Prime minister?  (Interrogative)

2. Please provide the full name of Prime Minister?

The full name of PM is available in the record.  Because it was asked in interrogative form, he can not reject the information.  PIO can reject the information only under Sec.8 or Sec.9, quoting those subsections and with justification for applying that exemption subsection.

The PIO lacks fundamental knowledge and seeking up to date of such knowledge is  too much.

Just visit their office, select files and get those copies and if not satisfied go for the first appeal after using inspection.

After getting information through inspection, then do not spare him and go for first appeal and demand for free of cost information.  This only to educate PIO and save others like you from denial of information.

Keeping these type of PIOs, the experts in the forum always advise applicants to construct the queries avoiding interrogative type.

Always focus on getting information and use every opportunity to get information at the earliest at PIO level.. 

(Sorry.  I am not an expert, but this post do not require expert advice, hence I ventured.)

Edited by Prasad GLN
  • Thanks 1

garg0505

Thanks Sir for your valuable opinion.