News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
shah70

RTI application to OBC Office for seeking information about Scholarship

Question

shah70

I filled a RTI application to Obc office seeking information about Scholarship of 4 students with given name of students academic year, course and college name on 5 January 2018 . First appeal submitted after 38 days. Ordered passed to provide information to applicant but PIO saying that data misplaced. I had written many times to PIO, 1st appeal officer, collector and one time to state Information officer. PIO saying that information will be providing soon. What to do in this case.

Prasad sir plz help me .

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using RTI INDIA mobile app

6 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Go for second appeal and state Grounds for appeal that SPIO is not providing information even after FAA orders.  Mark this as a copy to FAA and reproduce verbatim reply of PIO or if the response is in writing enclosing such copy.  SIC takes very serious note of this disobeyane of FAA orders.

Except going for the second appeal under RTI , there is no short cut.

However, if you are an affected party and scholarship is delayed, issue simple Registered notice under CP ACT demanding for such details on your scholarship and do not state about RTI in that notice.

Wait for a month and file a complaint before District Consumer Forum for deficiency of services seeking relief of early disbursement and compensation of Rs.25,000/- for harassment.  If you appear as a party in person, you need not spend more than Rs.200/- and the process is simple and easy for any citizen.  The nominal costs you have to spend is for typing number of copies and postage only, there are no fees involved in making a complaint before the Forum.

You can also make a complaint as a grievance to District Collector.

• Thanks 1

shah70

Sir have written to district collector, first appeal officer but no significant.

Sir please explain about compensation details.

Prasad GLN

Please contact any voluntary organisation in your area that helps in Consumer Protection act or a friend or relative that is having understanding of CPA.  As this forum is dedicated to RTI, providing details guidance on other issues may not appear proper.  If you fail to get good guidance, then seek guidance in the forum.

• Like 1

shah70

Consumer protection act is applicable on government servant in case of RTI

Prasad GLN

Consumer Protection Act is the specific act for which consideration has to be paid for availing services.

RTI Applicant is not a consumer as ruled by full bench NCDRC decision.

Anyone that pays consideration for availing services is a consumer.

Those who receive such consideration for providing services comes within the ambit of RTI Act including Government.