News Ticker
Khan.Ismail

Regarding inspection and after inspection collection of records.

Question

Khan.Ismail

Is it possible that an applicant file an rti and asking on that ....

"Kripya nimn binduon se smbndhit jaankaari ka srvprtham niricshan and niricshan pacshat niricshan ke douran alag kiye gaye/mark kiye gaye dastavezon ki prmanit partilipi."

1).....

2).....

3)......

Is that ok??

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using RTI INDIA mobile app

4 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

1.Please permit me to inspect the following records pertaining to .....................................................(File notes/documents).and for providing certified copies selected by me under RTI .

a

b

Please propose two convenient dates and provide such permission atleast ten days in advance.

• Like 3

Sunil Ahya

Description of Information Required:

In-accordance with the provision of section 2(j)(i) of the RTI Act, kindly provide me with an inspection of all the documents with respect to the following:

(a)

(b)

(c)

Please note that, during the process of aforesaid inspection, I shall select the required information, kindly do provide me with a certified photocopy of such selected information on payment of prescribed fees.

• Like 3

Khan.Ismail

One of my rti i clearly mentioned that first inspection after that certified copies which i would select on during inspection.

But pio send me letter of demanding a certain amount for foto copy, so what whould the next step? Should i go for first appeal or not?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

The proper course is first to remind SPIO the actual requirement which was overlooked by him, wait for his response and then go for first appeal.

It is always shrewd to save first appeal right till the matter is sorted out at SPIO level, so that if one goes for first appeal, he can bring such irresponsible attitude of not properly responding to applicants by SPIO to FAA once again.

TO SPIO,

Dear Sir,

Reg: RTI Application dt....

I wish to draw your kind attention that my request for information is through inspection and for providing copies selected after such inspection.

However I have been asked to remit Rs....as xerox charges, even without my inspection and marking copies for my use.

Please study my application and provide two convenient dates for inspection, permitting me to opt for one date, and I will select certain documents that are useful and pay the fees immediately after inspection, so that SPIO can provide certified copies.

Please expedite the decision with in...............days, as PIO has to respond within 30 days from date of receipt of RTI Application and such action of PIO not permitting inspection amounts to deemed denial, and SPIO is under obligation to provide those copies free of cost after 30 days under RTI Act.

Yours sincerely,

Applicant.

Copy to FAA for information and necessary directions to SPIO first to provide date for inspection and then collect charges for actual copies opted the applicant.  If there is any delay of more than 30 days, it is a violation of RTI to demand charges for such copies.

• Like 1