News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
damodard29

LED & HFL lighting project

Question

damodard29

I have seeked the subject info to the chief electrical engineer of the electricity department in the State and his PIO transfered my application to EESL to provide me the details sales purchase of HFL and LED lighting, Now PIO of EESL has returned the same application again to chief electrical engineer stating information seeked pertains to his office. With copy to me..

Sent from my vivo 1606 using RTI INDIA mobile app

24 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Wait for the response for 30 days from receipt of your application by CE-PIO and let them decide as to who is the custodian.

If the first PIO mentioned about First Appeal particulars, make a representation to him that both PIOs are passing on the ball game with the citizens and when the officials are not themselves aware of the fact shows the ignorance of their own departmental affairs and throws a bad light on the efficiency of the officers.  Request him to direct the relevant PIO to provide the information.

Search website of CE for the first appellate authority's name and address.

• Like 2

damodard29

EESL writes back again to Chief Electrical Engineer of the state Goa on 14/03/2019 letter copied to me.1552990777904

Prasad GLN

An applicant is not concerned with their internal correspondence, he is concerned only of getting information within the time frame fixed under RTI and he has to focus on further step undeterred by their internal jurisdictional issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

damodard29

Sir, towards my first appeal the FAA has asked me to attend hearing on 18th April, please help me with good points in this connection.. Since EESL and Goa electricity department is playing ball pass on game towards the information I have asked..

• Like 1

Prasad GLN

You have to adhere to grounds for appeal mentioned and for your immediate attention the following guidance was tendered earlier.

If the first PIO mentioned about First Appeal particulars, make a representation to him that both PIOs are passing on the ball game with the citizens and when the officials are not themselves aware of the fact shows the ignorance of their own departmental affairs and throws a bad light on the efficiency of the officers.  Request him to direct the relevant PIO to provide the information.

As this is not the first time and as you have attended one first hearing with FAA with GPT there is no need for further guidance. Brimming with confidence, good appearance, polite attitude, not complaining individually, focusing on information alone, filing written arguments immediately after FAA hearing certainly betters the chances.

• Like 1

damodard29

Sir, the hearing was scheduled on 18/4/2019 at 3:00pm and FAA has passed the order to pio issue me all the document I have seeked under RTI, now here I have not rcvd the document and not even the order copy from FAA of state electricity dept.. Please advise further procedure to obtain it..

damodard29

I have visited personally today FAA, and have recieved the copy of order dated 27/4/2019 giving directions to SPIO, to collect the record from EESL and issue it to me at his earliest, now the information is awaited from SPIO, which is not yet recieved.

Prasad GLN

Now make a further addendum to first appeal stating that PIO has not obeyed FAA orders, wait for the response for two weeks and go to the second appeal.

• Like 1

damodard29

After the addendum the PIO of Goa electricity dept has immediately sent me the copy of letter he has written to PIO of EESL with attachment of order copy passed by first appellate authority of Goa Electricity Dept..

damodard29

Now, as per PIO from Goa Electricity the PIO for EESL is failed to obtain the information seeked under RTI act, Sir , here please help me to advise next step it's OK I have to go for second appeal with SIC, in Goa and not with CIC since EESL is central govt organization and GOA goVt and EESL has the JV agreement for LED street lights replacement in Goa state..

Prasad GLN

Now that you have become expert and commenced  running do not look for support for walking.

FAA orders as I understand is directing PIO to collect such information from EESL and  not performing a post office job of sending FAA orders meant to him.

Make further addendum to FAA stating the misfeasance of PIO who failed to collect the information and instead just passed on the buck as earlier, and continued to harass applicants.  Invariably mention all your efforts in you final addendum right from step one, dates of visits, response etc. till PIOs postman job.

• Like 1

damodard29

Sir, thanks for your cooperation step by step wise, yesterday I have filled a second appeal u/s 19(3) of RTI act at State information commission, Goa for spio not following the orders passed by first appellate authority ..

damodard29
Sir, thanks for your cooperation step by step wise, yesterday I have filled a second appeal u/s 19(3) of RTI act at State information commission, Goa for spio not following the orders passed by first appellate authority ..

Sir, matter is pending before State information commission Goa ., they have called for hearing yet..
today I have recieved letter from EESL, about the tender details the same is not as per the section 2(f) of RTI act, since it's has been typed signed and sent by PIO, EESL and same cannot be said extracted from original record of tender participant. Again I have asked, eesl also stated in that letter I may appeal to their FAA if not satisfied with their information, same is like to be bogus and not have any authenticity that has been extracted from original record. and how the bidders has been technically qualified.. 1560149703288

damodard29

Here PIO / EESL has prepared a letter with information in it that states list of tender participant in 12 not and have said out of them 3 have been technically qualified, now this information is not as per the section 2(f) RTI act since the original submission copies of tender participant has not been provided, now the information provided by PIO / EESL can be trusted without the original submission from tender participant.

damodard29

It's 12 nos participant

damodard29

SIC has fixed the hearing on this on 4th July 2019.

Prasad GLN

So fast.  This is a golden chance.  Be polite and focus on information and never target officials.  Get a good decision.  One good decision in your favour improves your confidence levels.

• Like 1

Prasad GLN

You have been recognised as regular member with more than 156 posts, and filing applications with more than 10 different authorities, and by this time you have acquired more than an average RTI applicant and well versed with the facts.   Reduce number of queries and seek guidance only in case of douts and no need to report developments on day to day basis.  Only in case of genuine doubts and want sincere guidance, please use the forum for such posts.

• Like 2

damodard29
So fast.  This is a golden chance.  Be polite and focus on information and never target officials.  Get a good decision.  One good decision in your favour improves your confidence levels.
Sir, on 4th July 2019,SIC has directed PIO for GOA electricity dept to supply me the copy of govt letter of intent to me which states the decision of LED replacement and posted the hearing ahead on 23rd july for further proceedings, thanks and due respects with high regards to this forum and you for all the guidance

• Like 1

damodard29

Sir, I have received now all the GoVt documents together with intend letter by speed post from PIO Goa electricity, after he has been directed from SIC, Now I have the date on 23rd July and SIC may decide on penalty to the PIO for delaying the information for more than six months.

Prasad GLN

An applicant is having right to information alone, and the penalty is in between the PIO and IC and appellant has no role to play.  That penalty can never come to appellant as wrongly perceived.   Insisting for imposition of penalty may spoil the relations, when one expects smooth relations without hurting.   It is very difficult to establish deliberate denial with fraudulent motives by PIO.

• Like 2