News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
balaraghavan

Order of FAA in CIC

Question

balaraghavan

I am unable to find the decisions of FAA before the year 2014. I request our Hon'ble members to post this decision No. CIC/AA/A/2013/111 dated 08.05.2013 by the First Appellate Authority of the Central Information Commission, New Delhi.

3 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

When you can not find such a decision, expecting others find such a decision is not proper, as everyone has the same route.

File RTI Application to Nodal CPIO and seek a certified copy of that information.

Information solicited:

1. Please provide me a certified copy of decision No. CIC/AA/A/2013/111 dated 08.05.2013 by the First Appellate Authority of the Central Information Commission, New Delhi.

2. Please provide a specific reason on record for not uploading decisions before 2014.

3.If such decision was already uploaded, kindly provide the link.

• Like 1

Sunil Ahya

Please find attached herewith this post, the said CIC decision Bearing No. CIC/CPIO/2013/1838 i.e. CIC/AA/A/2013/111 dated 8th may 2013 wherein it was ruled that, more than one first appeal can be filed.

CIC FAA order More than one first appeal.pdf

Prasad GLN

Sorry .Sunil saab.

There was no ruling as such that appellant can not file more than one first appeal.  Atleast, I could not get that finding.

That was the objection filed by SPIO that appellant can not submit more than one first appeal.

As per my understanding, FAA overruled the objection and stated that if the FAA orders are not implemented, nothing bars appellant to approach.

As CPIO has stated that he has provided information as per FAA orders, the fresh orders are that he must provide a copy of such information provided and uploaded in website.

Please correct me if I misunderstood the FAA orders.

• Like 1