News Ticker
khan1978

Who is the information officer of Gram Panchayat

Question

khan1978

Sir, I have sought the information of the Prime Minister's housing scheme from the Development Block Officer.But people say that Gram Panchayat's information officer is designated as Village Development Officer Now the problem is that it has been 1 month but I do not get the information yet.The Development Block Officer did not even transfer my RTI and I was not provided information. If such information is not given to me, then who will be the first appeals officer?CDO or BDO because if the VDO requests information, then the BDO is the Appeal Officer.But I have demanded information from BDO, who will be the first appeals officer.

Sent from my RMX1811 using RTI INDIA mobile app

4 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

This information on the programme and beneficiaries list  Prime Minister's housing scheme has to be uploaded in their website as per the scheme.

If you have addressed your application to SPIO, Village Panchayat Officer and there was no response even after 35 days (30 days stipulated time + 5 days postal transit), you can go for appeal to First Appellate Authority , BDO with following grounds.

Grounds for Appeal:  Appellant has solicited information on.......from SPIO, VPO......, but SPIO has neither provided information nor denied information stating such exemption clause under Sec.8. till date. As there is no response for.....days, treating the information as deemed denial this first appeal.  The RTI Application was pasted as xerox copy and postal proof was xeroxed on back of this appeal with self attestion.

PRAYER: Appellants prays for directions for providing of information as expeditiously as possible free of cost.

khan1978

But Sir, I have sent my application to BDO And the BDO has not responded yet.Now if I want to make the first appeal then where do I?Because I have accidentally sent my application to BDO instead of Village Development Officer.

Prasad GLN

An application under RTI can be received by any official and they are under obligation to send the application to concerned SPIO as expeditiously as possible.

Here BDO's role is in accepting application and endorsing to concerned PIO and not in his capacity as SPIO.

The role of FAA is different.

Each and every official must receive either application or first appeal and endorse it to the concerned and it is their statutory obligation.

If they are not concerned, they are bound to inform to the citizen and return the application.

Here BDO has neither acknowledged, endorsed or returned.

Now it is his duty to track the application and direct SPIO as FAA.

khan1978

Ok