rajthak

Notice issued by state government against inspection.

Question

rajthak

Respected members does state government has issued any notice regarding inspection of documents. How to apply it. Under RTI format with paying fees. Or need normal application without paying fees to concern department. Thanks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using RTI INDIA mobile app

4 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Inspection is one form of providing information.  Kindly go through 2 (j)) definition of " right to information"(i) inspection of work, documents, records".

RTI application and fees as prescribed by authority is a must. There is no separate process for seeking inspection.  

I am not aware of such state government issuing any notices regarding inspection and I presume that they may have given guidelines for permitting inspection etc.

Go through blog on inspection by Shri JP Shah available in this forum for more guidance

rajthak

Draft of intimation

To 

The Head of the Department

Subject – Intimation for inspection of files related to  xxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mr. Head of the Department

As per the circular sankirn2018/ pra.kra. 45/ karya 6, dated 26/11/2018, the government of Maharashtra has allowed inspection of files in every department. Please note that as per section 4 of the RTI act and as per the said circular there is no need to give any intimation for inspection of files in any public authority. However, being responsible citizens, we thought it preferable to intimate you beforehand. 

I intend to exercise my right as a citizen to inspect documents related to xxxxxx. I will visit your office on Monday xx/xx/2018. 

Thanking you

With Regards

rajthak

This is draft but I am confuse that should I have to pay fees for application or not.

Prasad GLN
Posted (edited)

Unless the contents of GO Maharashtra circular sankirn2018/ pra.kra. 45/ karya 6, dated 26/11/2018, is known, it is difficult to provide guidance.

The guidance provided to you was the General practice under RTI followed since enactment of RTI.

The SPIO should give two optional dates.  The applicant should specifically mention the specific files he has to inspect.

For inspection, the filing of RTI Application according to me is mandatory.

Edited by Prasad GLN
  • Like 1