shrivar1212

Please draft this RTI for me

Question

shrivar1212

HI,

I had filed a complaint with Dy. Registrar for gross violations in our society, even the redevelopment was carried out by blatantly ignoring Govt. Directives. In my letter I had exposed various deficiencies in the working of the society, and demanded inquiry under section 83 but no action was taken by Dy. Registrar. The complaint was filed on January 11, 2019. No Response till date.

On 26th Feb, I escalated the matter to District Deputy Registrar, and filed the complaint who on March 7 issued an order directing Dy. Registrar to conduct an inquiry, but till date nothing has been done. I have copy of the order.

I want to file an RTI in the office of District Deputy Registrar seeking information on my complaint and the action taken on order issued by them to Dy. Registrar, I want to draft the application in most effective words citing some judgements of higher courts. 

Can you please help me draft the RTI such that it won't be rejected on flimsy grounds.

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

While filing an application under RTI please adhere to RTI Act alone and do not club other things.  You need no judgments of higher courts for seeking information at SPIO level.  Just seek single sentence information to District Deputy Registrar.

Information solicited:

1. Please provide action taken by Dy. Registrar on DDy.R orders to conduct an inquiry and follow up action taken for implementing orders for inquiry.

2. If an inquiry is conducted, please provide a copy of such report.

3. If an inquiry is not conducted, please inform proposed action to be taken against subordinate for wilful subordination of lawful orders of superior on  7, March 2019.

Please have patience and wait for at least one month for implementing the orders of a superior.  Also, appreciate the workload due to elections and do not pressurize authorities and allow at least two months from the date of orders.

For the proposed RTI  application search Shri JP Shah's Blogs. for such sample format on no response received on a complaint and modify the same to suit your requirement.

• Like 1

shrivar1212
59 minutes ago, Prasad GLN said:

While filing an application under RTI please adhere to RTI Act alone and do not club other things.  You need no judgments of higher courts for seeking information at SPIO level.  Just seek single sentence information to District Deputy Registrar.

Information solicited:

1. Please provide action taken by Dy. Registrar on DDy.R orders to conduct an inquiry and follow up action taken for implementing orders for inquiry.

2. If an inquiry is conducted, please provide a copy of such report.

3. If an inquiry is not conducted, please inform proposed action to be taken against subordinate for wilful subordination of lawful orders of superior on  7, March 2019.

Please have patience and wait for at least one month for implementing the orders of a superior.  Also, appreciate the workload due to elections and do not pressurize authorities and allow at least two months from the date of orders.

For the proposed RTI  application search Shri JP Shah's Blogs. for such sample format on no response received on a complaint and modify the same to suit your requirement.

Dear Mr. Prasad GLN

Thank You for your prompt and valuable reply.

You have really been helpful and people like you keep the RTI movement alive. I am really grateful to you and wish you all the best.

Regards

• Thanks 1