News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
damodard29

Two Deputy Chief Minister in Small State Goa.

Question

damodard29

Sir , is this possible under the small state like Goa can appoint two deputy chief minister for single state is their such law or does it not against the connstitutional law of India.

Sent from my vivo 1606 using RTI INDIA mobile app

10 answers to this question

damodard29

How two chief Ministers be appointed by one state.

damodard29

Like smallest state of Goa.

Prasad GLN

File RTI Application to Goa Secretariat and get that copy of their powers.

Information solicited:

1)Please provide that part of the copy of record/statute /Circular/order/rule that states the number of deputy chief ministers that can be appointed in a state.

• Like 1

damodard29

Yes , i will file the RTI , for larger public interest

damodard29
Yes , i will file the RTI , for larger public interest

Sir, I have recieved a reply from general administrative department, Chief Secretary of Goa,

Information sought by me is not available with their department 1562388770255

damodard29

Information solicited: under RTI act 2005,

1)Please provide that part of the copy of record/statute /Circular/order/rule that states the number of deputy chief ministers that can be appointed in a state.

General Administrative office Says this information is not available with their office Now how the Administration manages the salary of two deputy chief minister's

Prasad GLN

File First Appeal stating that if that information is not on record SPIO has to send that application to that SPIO where that information is available.

(We have more than two DCMS in our small state)

• Like 1

sppataskar
Posted (edited)

As to how many Deputy Chief Ministers should be appointed, it is the prerogative of the C.M.. In Andhra Pradesh, the C.M. has appointed 5 Deputy Chief Ministers & in Telangana 2 Dy. C.Ms. When State was integrated, there was no Dy. C.M. for most of the period...  Court has fixed the limits for  Ministers in the Cabinet i.e. 10% of the Legislatures including C.M., but there is no restriction of Dy. C.M.. There is no change of salary and perks of Ministers and Deputy Chief Ministers. Hence the question of waste of public exchequer also may not arise..This is nothing but an attempt  to please the disgruntle MLAs to keep the folk together.   

Politicians in power should have the sense of economics of the State so that public taxes may not be wasted. Hope good sense will prevail upon them one day or the other.

Edited by sppataskar
  • Like 2

damodard29
File First Appeal stating that if that information is not on record SPIO has to send that application to that SPIO where that information is available.
(We have more than two DCMS in our small state)
in regards to the first appeal I have received a notice from FAA, asking SPIO and appellant attend the hearing, and submit respective written submissions.

Prasad GLN

Do not get distracted from query: 1)Please provide that part of the copy of record/statute /Circular/order/rule that states the number of deputy chief ministers that can be appointed in a state

PIO Reply:  this information is not available with their office

Issue:   If that information is not available in his office, is it not his duty to send the application to the concerned authority with whom the information is available under Sec. 6 (3)

Simple information is that there is no such stipulation restriting total number of Deputy chief ministers to be appointed and it depends on discretion of CM

(All this is only for academic interest, as Shri Saapataskhar has clarified that it depends on CM discretion, and they are not entitled to any special benefits.  Atleast after hearing, you can educate facts to them so that they may provide correct information for future queries)

• Like 1