Anthony Micheal

Can I Ask RTI to Deputy Municipal Commissioner Regarding Illegal and Unauthorised construction.

Question

Anthony Micheal

Dear sir,

I have Dispatched a Writing complaint Regarding ongoing illegal and Unauthorised construction with required photographs to Assistant Municipal Commissioner, Concerned Deputy Municipal Commissioner, Municipal Commissioner and Assistant Engineer of Building and factory department.

The Public information officer for the Ward level is Assistant Engineer (Building and factory department). But he Purposely not gives even reply on our RTI on Complaint Status/Action Taken report.

So I decided to apply RTI to Municipal commissioner and Deputy municipal commissioner to know status on my complaint dispatched to them..

Can I Apply RTI to Municipal Commissioner and Deputy municipal commissioner...?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using RTI INDIA mobile app

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

An application seeking information under RTI Act has to be filed before the designated public information officer of that public authority.  If MC or DMC offices have such designated public information officer, you can file applications before them.

At the same time, you should not stop the already commenced process of RTI treating that PIO has not provided information and continue the process through first and second appeals in time.

Please go for the first appeal to FAA of those SPIOs who failed to respond to your earlier RTI Application on grounds of deemed denial.

Grounds for  Appeal:  The appellant has solicited information from SPIO on......, till today, even after....days from receipt of RTI Application there is neither information nor denial from SPIO.  Treating the information as "deemed denial" , this first appeal.

PRAYER:  Appellant prays for directions to SPIO for providing the information free of cost as expeditiously as possible and he can be reprimanded for his negligence and failure in performing his duty and statutory obligations. 

• Like 1

Anthony Micheal

Thanks for the Satisfied Reply...

Sent from my Redmi 4 using RTI INDIA mobile app