N A

Should I bear the travel expenditures to attend the office of FAA?

Question

N A

I field Appeal before FAA when the PIO didn't respond my application seeking information.

Today I received email from the same PIO asking me to present myself before FAA at Jammu,the winter capital of the state.

Since I am a retired officer and because of ill health I can't travel a distance of three hundred kilometers from Srinagar to Jammu by road.

It costs me near about seven thousand rupees as airfare and minimum rupees ten thousands as lodging etc.

I know that it is a time buying tactics as the Government offices will start working in summer capital of Srinagar in the middle of May.

I my please be guided in this connection that should I bear the expenses to attend FAA.

Sent from my SM-G570F using RTI INDIA mobile app

5 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Attending personal hearing during the first appeal is not mandatory.  I am not aware as to how PIO can ask you to appear for personal hearing when you have filed appeal before FAA.

You may politely explain the same difficulty in writing by email to FAA and request him to excuse you from personal hearing, and pray for delivering orders supported with such reasons on the basis of record and grounds already stated in the first appeal.

You may also file your arguments in writing and request him to consider the same for deciding the appeal.

Do not be disturbed by the simple procedure, as personal hearing is not required in appeals under RTI.

• Like 2

N A

Many many thanks sir.
Should I mention the unlawful act of calling me by the PIO?
Further some friends suggested to prey FAA for hearing via Skype.

Prasad GLN

If such a facility is available you can ask and you can also seek to hear through mobile or phone but at the end it is the record that is before him, basing on which FAA has to take a decision.  It is not proper to complain against PIO to FAA when they work with the same public authority, and a citizen is always a third party and they are insiders and support their own stand irrespective of legitimacy. 

N A

I am highly obliged for the support and guidance from you sir.

Prasad GLN

Always remember that it is the forum that has facilitated us and inspired us.  The credit should go to the forum and we are very small wheels.

• Like 2