khumandhana

Report seeking

Question

khumandhana

I file a complaint to the Vigilance for the offence of misuse of revenue collected from the parking fee by the public official and a case was registered by the vigilance and investigation is started.However in spite of a period of four months had elapsed, the vigilance had not filed the chargesheet as yet. It is not known what has been done by the vigilance during this period of six months. Can I seek status report of the investigation done by vigilance through rti?

Sent from my SM-G7202 using RTI INDIA mobile app

3 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Yes, as a complainant you are entitled to have such information and as a citizen you have a right to seek such information in larger public interest.  Normally the filing of charge sheet is a very long procedure and may take even years. You are silent on present status of conerned employee (Suspended/ continuing in employment etc).  You can file RTI Application to concerned Public Information officer and can seek information as follows:

Information solicited in the larger public interest by an informer/complainant (Where there can be no exemptions under RTI)

1) Please provide all certified copies of entire statements/records/reports on the investigation done on my complaint dt...

2)Please provide reasons on record for the abnormal delay in issuing the charge sheet.

khumandhana
Yes, as a complainant you are entitled to have such information and as a citizen you have a right to seek such information in larger public interest.  Normally the filing of charge sheet is a very long procedure and may take even years. You are silent on present status of conerned employee (Suspended/ continuing in employment etc).  You can file RTI Application to concerned Public Information officer and can seek information as follows:
Information solicited in the larger public interest by an informer/complainant (Where there can be no exemptions under RTI)
1) Please provide all certified copies of entire statements/records/reports on the investigation done on my complaint dt...
2)Please provide reasons on record for the abnormal delay in issuing the charge sheet.
Sir, what can i do if they refuse/exempt the statements record and investigation report u/s 8(1)(h) of rti act, 2005

Sent from my SM-G7202 using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

Members can not provide guidance on mere assumptions.  To avoid such rejection in the information solicited larger public interest was also stated.  Let the PIO respond, and if the denial is with justification that there is no larger public interest in misusing/abusing of public funds, you can go for first appeal to First Appellate authority of the same organisation and later second appeal before Information commission, for which you need not incur more than Rs.60/- towards two pages of typing and two registered posts.

• Like 1