rajthak

Misleaded by court staff

Question

rajthak

Respected members as I want to inspect file of my sister in law in the district and sessions court. I visited the court with prepared RTI application but they misleaded me and run me pillar to post. Any PIO of court doesn't accept my application and every body told me that inspection you will get but you apply on simple letter with paying 5 RS court fee stamp. and simply & silently refuse to take my application. Then I dispatch letter to PIO by speed post with AD. Now what should my next step.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using RTI INDIA mobile app

4 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

When you have already filed an application by speed post to concerned SPIO, you can only wait for a response from SPIO.  Till then you can not proceed further.

If the information is the priority and important, you have to explore other possible avenues when there are ways more than RTI.

You can give vakalat to advocate and can ask him to inspect the file and seek certified copies through the process of the court.  Such certified copies can be given and also authentic for all your future needs.

There is not much difference between RTI copying fees and Court CC process.

The additional burden may be Rs.500/- fees (Maximum) that you may have to pay as advocate fees for getting those certified copies, which I feel better than RTI if the information is urgent and important.

If you think that any officials are not co-operative, while proceeding through laid down process, explore other alternates also.

The first advise our Hon.CJ Karira gives to RTI Applicant is NEVER VISIT IN PERSON and seek information.

You have been earlier advised in another post that even inspection is one form of soliciting information and RTI Application through fees is mandatory.

rajthak

Sir I am uneducated in court process of RTI this is first time I made application to court thus need you all members guidelines. As the staff of court was running me pillar to post. I have filled RTI but before that I think the valuable guidance is always better than before filling any RTI you all experts are my Gurus

Prasad GLN

There is no Guru and no sishya in the forum, and all members travel together and exchange knowledge.  Once you acquaint with basics, kindly help others/new RTI applicants with your experience in RTI.

• Like 1

rajthak

Yes it's correct Sir, always be helpful to everyone who is in need. But the right direction given by a person is always a GURU as per my personal observations. Thus in every matter where I have filed RTI application because of you experts given guidance/points I have reached nearby success and in few days you will be getting a GOOD NEWS.