Abhishek5570

Transfer certificate

Question

Abhishek5570

I joined basaveshwar engineering college,bagalkot,Karnataka in the year 2014 and I am right now in 2nd year cse 2018,due to the course being difficult for me I thought to withdraw,but the college is asking me to pay the remaining fees to get my transfer certificate back,it's been an year and my parents can't pay 2,50,000₹ due to financial problems because of this I can't apply to any other college,the college is refusing to give my certificate unless paid the remaining years fees,I need help.

Ty

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

You can search in blogs of UGC/AICTE/HRD directives mandating that no college should hold original certificates of discontinued students, and refusing to return original certificates may compel them even to cancel the recognition.  Govt has treated this as very serious.

Hence issue simple Registered notice to Principal and demand for the return of certificates within a week.

Regd Notice

To

Principal

I,.........................................s/o......................aged, a student of ............year of..............- residing at...............................(full address) .do hereby demand for return of all my original certificates provided to the college for verification within 15 days as per UGC/AICTE/HRD orders, failing which I will be reluctantly constrained to file complaint to UGC/AICTE/HRD for suitable action for violation of their directives.  In case of delay, I may be forced to file a complaint before District Consumer Forum for deficiency of services as certificates were handed over for the purpose of verification and not as security towards future fees.

Complainant.

Copy to University Grants Commission, New Delhi,

Copy to AICTE, New Delhi.

• Thanks 1