News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
pari588

Strongly worded RTI application required

Question

pari588

My property card is in torn condition with the records of the land records and survey division in MUMBAI. They have asked me to collect every document from 1900 uptil today so that they can reconstruct the property card. All documents are provided and all forms are filled but there has absolutely been no progress. I keep going meeting Mr Parag jadhav who is the apparent single person in charge on this. The main official Mr Mahesh Ingle too is of no support. Hence how do I lodge a complaint ? And strongly worded letter to expedite this . Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975F using RTI INDIA mobile app

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

In the post you have asked for "Strongly worded RTI Application"  and in content, you have asked for strongly worded letter/complaint.

I am not aware as why anyone wants such strongly worded correspondence to any Government official and to my knowledge such strongly worded creates bad relations with Govt.  First, Officials are irritated by RTI Application that questions their actions and explanations, and if it is in strong words, they go into shells and never co-operates in the matter.

In my experience, I have never found a favorable response for a strongly worded RTI Application and never heard that such strongly worded application gets an immediate response.

Under RTI information should always be the focus and building up personal relations through simple, polite and pointed correspondence fetches respect.  You have to file a simple grievance application through Regd post in simple A4 size paper.

First step-Lodge grievance by Registered post.

I have sought reconstructed property card for property no................................situated at....................in the name of ................from......................, submitted all documents required/demanded from the department and submitted the application on.........................

There is no response from your department even after......days.  Hence this grievance petition praying for providing the reconstructed property card as expeditiously as possible.

2. Seek information and create a record of your efforts. after 10 days from grievance petition

In your case the two queries for RTI are simple

1. Please inform the time frame fixed for reconstructing of property card from date of receipt as per citizen charter.

2. Please inform the reasons for the inordinate delay in providing reconstructed property card to......................as per his application to......

3. Please inform the list of further documents if any that are required in addition to already provided documents since 1940

According to me, this information is more than enough for your purpose.

3. A complaint before Consumer forum for deficiency of services by dept., even after collecting consideration of Rs....as fees.

If you have paid any fees to Public authority you are entitled to get such property card, expenses incurred, complaint expenses and compensation for harassment.  You have to send simple Registered notice under CP Act and after one-month file simple complaint enclosing the copy of Notice of CPAct notice and service proof.   You need not to pay a single rupee for this exercise and may have to spend not more than Rs.200/- towards stationery, typing, and postage. The format is simple.

To

office of......

Complaint  under  CP Act.dt.........

I...................s/o.............aged........years resident of ...................do hereby issue this notice/File complaint against............dept.,

I have sought reconstructed property card in lieu of mutilated property card from.................., remitted Rs.......as consideration/fees and provided all such documents necessary and demanded by dept.,

The dept., has to provide such duplicate card within a time frame of .....days as per citizen charter.

As dept., was negligent in not providing the card even after....days there is a  deficiency of service.   If the card is not provided within a month from the date of this notice, this complainant will be forced to file a complaint in District consumer Forum praying them for directions for issuing the card, reimbursement of costs incurred for travel and time spent and compensation of Rs.25,000/- for harassment.

Complainant.

Control your emotions, have patience while dealing with such lethargic officers and continue your perseverance as haste spoils the results.

• Like 1

pari588

Thank you Sir.

Your solution makes the most sense and perhaps keeping patience its the best way forward.

thanks,