News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
RAJRAJANI

Deduction of HRA without info and Alloting government accommodation

Question

RAJRAJANI

Sir, I m a centre govt employee in defense as civilian. I have come transfer from Lucknow to Kanpur. My HRA have been deducted in the month of March with recovery from January 19 as of my joining without info and allotment of govt accommodation saying that government accommodations are vacant but my problem is that at least 80 percent of my colleague are out of this and getting HRA.

Please suggest

Sent from my Redmi Y2 using RTI INDIA mobile app

7 answers to this question

Prasad GLN
Posted (edited)

These issues are within dept., and can be sorted out directly by speaking to concerned.  You can take the guidance of your Association/Union or file RTI Application to DOPT.   Do not enter into conflicts from the day one of stepping into your office and first find out the laid down rule.

When the Government provides accommodation depending on prescribed class one has to follow the laid down norm.  The situation with others may be different like medical facilities, education of children , aged parents and there may also be exemptions in rare cases,

Just consider our other Defense employees working in several fronts thousands of kilo meters away in tents in sub-zero temperature.

Edited by Prasad GLN

RAJRAJANI

Thank u sir, I will follow ur suggestions

Prasad GLN

I have to thank you for taking the guidance in good spirit and not venting your depression on the issue in the forum.

RAJRAJANI

Sir, if someone has own House nearby duty station from where one can attend duty easily & timely, however HRA being deducted. Concern authority is not giving reply after my two letter. Most of companion fearing that reply never comes. Some has files RTI but no avails. Now they are seeking for CAT. SHOULD I accompanied with them??

Prasad GLN

Please go through my reply once again.

RAJRAJANI

Sir, I have follow you and written 3 letters to the concern department through proper channel but they aren't forwarding my application saying that there are instructions to not forward the same. Also they are saying for submission of application at personal level. What I do? Will the concern department entertain my application if I send personally. If I file RTI without proper channel, will be entertain

Prasad GLN

Send application directly to the concerned office, and invariably refer your past correspondence and request him to do needful.  Issue another letter to your local authority asking him not to deduct HRA.   Without written directions individually from the employee, the employer can not deduct any allowances from the salary on his own.

HRA is not being deducted, it is not paid though the employee is eligible and that amount must be paid today or tomorrow.  What happened to your union local and state units where you can represent without any fear?

Ask any friend or relative of yours to file RTI Application from a different station and seek information from DOPT as follows:

Information solicited:

1)Please provide such O&M/Directive that empowers salary disbursement officer to withhold HRA, even when no accommodation was requested and provided.

Also, search in google with keywords: Employer not paying HRA.