- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
By Shree Vathsan
Dear all My RTI to a police station requesting for details on patrol vehicles in that particular station is rejected under sec 8(1)g. Now i want to file a first appeal. What would be the grounds and prayer for the appeal?
Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using RTI INDIA mobile app
By Shree Vathsan
A Car driver committs suicide in public due to police harassment in January 2018 in Chennai . The cop who incited the suicide has been served a simple suspension and is already serving in some other department of the police. A judicial magistrate probe was ordered and the outcome of the probe is not made public. Can I seek the information on the final report of the judicial magistrate probe through RTI? Another qeustion whom does the judicial magistrate submit the report to?
Meanwhile I have filed an RTI requesting for the service record book of the police official ThamaraiSelvan who is said to be the cause of abuse and death. If the information is denied citing pending case in court can "larger public interest" be used to obtain the service log?. Already a pending criminal case in another issue is said to be against the officer.
In a strikingly similar incident another taxi driver commits suicide due to police harassment a week ago. Still now police are unable to find the culprit among 64 personnels within their own department. An enquiry underJoint Commisioner West has been ordered and she has submitted the report to the Police Commissioner yesterday. Can this report be obtained under RTI? Can "life and liberty" clause be added to get the information sooner?
Further instead of making the cops more public friendly, the senior cops have offered compensation of Rs 3 lakh and brokered peace in an attempt to dilute the investigation in both the cases. No relief has been ordered by the CM which makes one suspicious of the source of the money(bribe/black money/hawala money).. etc.
There has been a severe laxity in registering cases against police which makes them take undue advantage of their power and position in TamilNadu.