combat

Despite the strong evidence of CCTV footage, the PI refused to register FIR against the accused.

Question

combat

I had filed a complaint with the concerned Police Station, Some ruffian crowd entered my house without any permission, And threatened to kill my old father by abusing him. but no action has been taken against the concerned people. Despite the strong evidence of CCTV footage,  Due to certain political pressures and phone calls concerned investigating officer without any inquiries kept silence and the PI  refused to register FIR.

so did I get any help using RTI? So that I will get the right justice and strict action will be taken against such a person.

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

File the complaint to Commissioner or Supdt of Police, under copy to DGP of the state by Regd ack due.

Make a follow up with RTI Application after one week and seek specific reasons for not registering the complaint and the stipulations in any rules or act that bars registering of a complaint.

Preserve the footage.

Make a complaint to the District Collector and CM and highlight the same in Media.

As per Supreme court judgments, a station house officer must register the complaint.

Also, file a private criminal complaint immediately with the guidance of a sincere advocate.

Give representations to the opposite party's leaders and seek their intervention in the issue.

Search in google with keywords " Refusal of Station House officer for registering a complaint by a citizen.