News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Syed Khaja

Next step about the response of PIO

Question

Syed Khaja

Dear Sir/Madam, I am Syed khaja from Osmanabad Maharashtra. this is the response of PIO. in this response he is saying that "the record has been searched but could not be traced"
And I hope that this is the only public authority in india where I can get that record. So please help me in this regards.

IMG_20190424_131232.jpg

5 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Go for the first appeal to FAA.

Read Sec.7  (1)in Telugu.  The act stipulates rejection can be made only under reasons specified in Sec.8 or Sec.9.

Sec.8 or Sec.9 never state that rejections can be made with such reasons as   "the record has been searched but could not be traced"
is a valid reason, every Public information officer can reject such application stating such invented reason for rejection.

First Appal dt....under RTI Act

Before: First Appellate Authority, State Archives and Research Institute, Telangana.............

Against:  State Public Information Officer, State Archives and Research Institute, Telangana..........

Appellant:

Grounds for Appeal:  SPIO has rejected the  RTI application stating a reason unknown in RTI Act.

Sec.7  (1) stipulates rejection can be made only under reasons specified in Sec.8 or Sec.9.

SPIO has invented a reason for denial unknown in RTI Act.

It appears that the concerned officer is not aware of fundamentals in RTI Act and DOPT prescribed a form of response/denial and SPIO failed to provide further appeal procedure as per Sec. 7 (8)

SPIO is most irresponsible in his duties and acted negligently.

PRAYER: Appellant prays for directions to SPIO for tracing the record and for providing it as expeditiously as possible without any fee.  Appellant also prays for directions to PIO on Sec. 7 (8).

Appellant.

Encl  PIO response xerox self-attested on back of this first appeal.

• Thanks 1

Syed Khaja

@Prasad GLN thanks for helping me. And is there any fee or format for appeals specied for Telangana state under RTI rules? 

Golam sarwar alam

Sir i want to know how many sim has been actived with my adhar card linked with

Sent from my Redmi 6 using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN
1 hour ago, Golam sarwar alam said:

Sir i want to know how many sim has been actived with my adhar card linked with

Sent from my Redmi 6 using RTI INDIA mobile app

Please do not trespass into a thread not connected with your issue as it is against the discipline of the forum and inconvenience to members. Go to nearest AADHAR center or post office or BSNL office and seek such information and they may charge you nominal amount and inform you such numbers.  You can even file an application and get the same delinked.  Do carry your original AADHAR for their verification.  RTI is not necessary in your case.

Prasad GLN
3 hours ago, Syed Khaja said:

@Prasad GLN thanks for helping me. And is there any fee or format for appeals specied for Telangana state under RTI rules? 

That you have to verify in your State Information Commission website.

There are no prescribed formats for appeals or fees in erstwhile Andhra Pradesh or in present AP.