Syed Khaja

How To expose the PIO's lie

Question

Syed Khaja

Sir, can any PIO deny information saying like that this document isn't available in our office due to bribe, or any other reasons even if it's available in their office. 
if it happens then what should I have to do?

3 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

You have to go for appeal and in another post, such guidance was already given.

PIO may invent and say a hundred things.  But, whether those exemptions were as stipulated in RTI Act and whether CPIO has justified for denial must be decided by CIC.

If that information is available in the office, file another RTI application and seek information through the form of inspection.

or act over smart,  If that information through the document is available in a certain file.  Let that friend from another place seek certain other information in the form of inspection, let him mark that letter for providing certified copy and produce them before FAA and IC.

• Thanks 1

Syed Khaja

@Prasad GLN thanks for the reply sir. And for inspection! I don't know the certain file in which that document is available. And can you please provide me the link of that guidance? 

Prasad GLN

Janab,

Think practically.  I am a stranger and I am not aware what is that information and the document you have solicited.  It is you that suspect that that information is available with PIO and he has provided incorrect information that the document sought is not available in the file.  You are suspecting a PIO and you know where that document must have been if it is really available.  Members can only provide general guidance and exploring such possibilities rests on the member.

• Thanks 1