Syed Khaja

What should be the grounds for this appeal

Question

Syed Khaja

Dear Sir/madam I am syed Khaja from Osmanabad Maharashtra. In this reply PIO denied to provide the information and quoted exemption 8(1)(d) of the RTI Act. So what should be the grounds for the appeal For this PIO's response. P1675116674_NewDoc2019-04-3018_27_36.thumb.jpg.c72dab8d449f94cc5831700ed8791ed2.jpglease help me. 

7 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Please provide clarification as to whether you have sought same information earlier and whether PIO has provided such information and reasons for such denial.

After giving such clarification you can explore the possibility of going for the first appeal as CPIO has not justified reasons for the denial and just quoted a section and I do not personally think that CPIO has the information in a fiduciary capacity at any stretch of wild imagination.

I am also shocked to know that APIO has denied the information when he is not having such powers under RTI Act.  Only designated CPIO can provide or deny information and API's denial is most unjustified and illegal, his action is ultra vires.

We all missing the most valuable services of Super Moderator Raveena as she is the authority in Railway matters.  Kindly search in her profile and send the query as a personal message, as she is the most competent person that can provide authentic guidance in matters relating to Railways.

• Thanks 1

Syed Khaja

@Prasad GLN thanks. And I asked for some information in this context but the question is different from that.  And I tried to find Raveena Ji's profile but could not find it.  So can you please draft a appeal for me in this matter. And Again thanks and sorry for bothering you 😬

Prasad GLN

raveena_o@yahoo.com.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Syed Khaja

@Prasad GLN sir, I have just send her message via email. But the Gmail shows the email address isn't correct. 

Prasad GLN

Please send the message to Administrator and request him to forward the same to Super Moderator Ms.Raveena Oberoi.

• Thanks 1

Sunil Ahya

Just go ahead and file the first appeal on the following grounds (keep it short and simple):

Grounds of the First Appeal:

1. That, the information sought against each of the points of request for information is unique and not a repetition. 

2. That, the information sought against each of the points of request for information are all public documents and hence the exemption of section 8(1)(d) (commercial confidence) does not apply.

Prayers:

1. Kindly direct the PIO to provide the requested information forthwith.

2. Kindly direct the PIO to provide the requested information free of cost in accordance with the letter and spirit of section 7(6) of the RTI Act.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Prasad GLN

Send first appeal immediately as date of PIO response was 25-4-19 and including postal transit period it may exceed 30 days.  As a formality just write single sentence in as Point No.3.

3. Please condone the minor delay of a few days as the appellant is preoccupied with some other family/work pressures.

• Thanks 1