News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
damodard29

RTI info from CVC on complaint

Question

damodard29

My RTI application dated 17/4/19

I have requested information towards complaint filled with CVC. dated 10/01/2019.

1 .note sheet indicating Notings

2 investigation report

3.desicion of competent authority on nothing's

4 direction issued follow up actions 5.if no action taken reason behind it.

6 time frame for resolving the complaint

Reply received on date 3/5/19

Now here CVO has replied to my RTI application

1.rti application has been forwarded to concerned Dept for necessary action.

2.as per information provided by the Dept the matter has been taken up with the universities for verification of education certificates as indicated by Dept the reply from the Universities is still awaited.

Sir, please assist me in this case so that I may received proper and correct procedure information for the RTI application to CVO. 1556861188136

Sent from my vivo 1606 using RTI INDIA mobile app

3 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

CVC has been providing all that information which is on record. Go for first appeal. reminding that it is the burden of CPIO to collect such information from concerned dept.., and to provide it to the applicant. 'and   CPIO ought to have provided such office notes from receipt of complaint till date with such action reflected on record.  Pray for entire documents that show day to day progress from receipt of complaint till that date and specifically the office notes.

• Like 1

damodard29
CVC has been providing all that information which is on record. Go for first appeal. reminding that it is the burden of CPIO to collect such information from concerned dept.., and to provide it to the applicant. 'and   CPIO ought to have provided such office notes from receipt of complaint till date with such action reflected on record.  Pray for entire documents that show day to day progress from receipt of complaint till that date and specifically the office notes.
Sir, CPIO is also failed to mention the first appllate authority address in his reply to applicant..

Sent from my vivo 1606 using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN
Posted (edited)

Please do not quote in each post, as it increases the space in the thread and it serves no purpose and makes the posts appear longer without any value addition.

At this age, you can only pity for poor knowledge of great authority like CVC and mention that CPIO is not providing information in laid down the format of DOPT and not providing mandatory appellate particulars as grounds for your first appeal.

Focus only on information and avoid finding small mistakes/ errors though they are violations of DOPT directives.  But, it is the applicant's duty as RTI Org member to point out such violation so that he can correct his mistake.  While pointing out deviations confine such to mention and your appeal must be simple and directed to information only. it should not appear like pointing out a finger to CPIO.

CVC website has given that CPIO and FAA particulars, take some trouble.  At least you could bring their attention to such corruption, and the primary objective is already achieved and accountability remains.

Good work.  Now you are insulating against a port trust complaint that you are a disgruntled contractor, as you are dedicated to other depts., and bringing out larger public interest, which is certainly a plus point when you argue before CIC.

You are in the right direction.  If you can afford also seek inspection, they will gladly permit you, you will be learning more through their records and can more copies then you hoped for.  I have attended CVC inspection,, people are cordial.

Also attend CIC hearing, as it gives you the opportunity of knowing the functioning of CIC, and gives you more courage.

Edited by Prasad GLN
  • Like 1