News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
rajthak

A loop hole in RTI Act for PIO to run .

Question

rajthak

Several application of RTI have been filed. 95 % of application have reached to second appeal but non of them has been impose fine by either CIC/SIC. PIO doesn't provide information on time. Most of time PIO get information from CIC/SIC that second appeal has been filed thus PIO send incomplete information by registered post before hearing. These tac-tic have been used now a days. And on hearing date PIO produce that information was given by registered post. After arguing by CIC/SIC and full evidence CIC/SIC doesn't impose fine simply order that information should be given in ..... Days. This make PIO strong that even after second appeal we doesn't have to bother. Now at present same thing has been happened for my second appeal. Somebody from CIC/SIC department have given information of fileing my 2 appeal and the PIO has sent me incomplete information by registered post. Please suggest what steps I have to take next before and on hearing. Thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using RTI INDIA mobile app

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN
Posted (edited)

The citizen has the right to seek information only, and the rest is left between PIO and SIC.

The duty of a citizen is using first appeal and second appeal only and making representation to CIC.

Represent material facts to IC and seek information.

These are not loopholes and in fact, no PIO is caring for RTI sincere implementation.

The penalty is left to the discretion of IC killing the spirit of RTI Act and the act is just a paper tiger. which PIO can just blow with his breadth.

Edited by Prasad GLN
  • Like 2