News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
sanjay1961

Can we file appeal at CIC Delhi for an RTI which did not receive even after 2nd Appeal to NOIDA AUTHORITY,NOIDA,U.P.

Question

sanjay1961

I made an RTI to Horticulture deptt of NOIDA AUTHORITY but I did not get an appropriate reply neither in RTI nor in First Appeal.Please tell whether I have to go for Second appeal in NOIDA AUTHORITY OR I can go Information Commission......Also want to know whether I can go to Central Information Commission in Delhi or I have to go to Information Commission in Lucknow.....

Sanjay

Sent from my SM-N950F using RTI INDIA mobile app

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

First, go through Sec.19 of RTI Act and spare 15 minutes to learn the process.

Download RTI Act in Hindi and go through Sec.2,5,6,7,8 - 18,19,20 and 22 and paste it on one side A4 paper for ready use.

You have to seek information by filing an application with such fee from designated public information officer of that public Authority.

That PIO has to provide information within 30 days of receiving such application.

In case if you fail to receive any reply or if reply of PIO is not satisfactory you have to go for the First Appeal before a designated First Appellate Authority, an officer superior to PIO in the same department.

If you have not received FAA orders within 30 days or if FAA orders are not satisfactory, you can go for appeal within 90 days from receipt of such FAA orders before Central Commission.

Every Authority must state in his orders the details of further appeal procedure.

In case of deemed denial (No response), you have to continue the process by searching the department website and finding designated officials in RTI segment.