News Ticker
Shubham9831

Originals certificates withheld by college from a student

Question

Shubham9831

College not returning certificates if I'm taking a drop. They're asking for full four year's fees. College name :- SJB SAP.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

5 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Immediately demand the return of the original certificates through a registered notice in the name of the principal and make a copy of the letter to UGC.

You have every right to get such certificates on demand.

Of course, they can recover such fees and they have such rights but retaining certificates for recovery of fees is illegal as per UGC/HRD notifications.

Regd Post.

To 

Principal,

.............College,

NOTICE UNDER CP ACT.

I,...........................s/o.........................aged..years, residing at..........................................herein referred to as complainant issue the notice for demanding for the return of my original certificates within a week from receipt of this notice.

1. The complaint is a bonafide student with Roll No..............of..................year of......................(subject)

2.On......................complainant has contacted at the office and requested for return of originals handed over for verification at the time of getting admission.

3. The employees in the office refused to deliver the original certificates.

4. Hence this notice for returning of the original certificates within 15 days, in terms of UGC/HRD directives that state that denying or rejecting to deliver original certificates by the college is illegal and improper.

5. If the certificates are not returned, a complainant may be forced to file consumer complaint before District Consumer forum and also complain to UGC/HRD about harassment of the student in violation of their directives.

Hope you will not give scope for such violations by your employees.

Place

Date                                                                                                                          Complainant.

akshay6900

I have filed a petition at local police station and they returned me back after the interference of police. New%20Doc%202019-04-26%2015.36.44_18.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

@akshay6900: This thread is on returning original certificates.  Not connected with the local police station.  Please open another thread with your query.  Trespassing and posting not relevant post in other's thread is against the discipline of the forum.

akshay6900

Sir it was regarding getting original certificates from the institution as none are abiding UGC norms . After approaching local authorities it was returned to me after police intervention and I am sorry as you took wrong way sir it was published in Deccan Chronicle,Will follow the forum rules hereafter.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

I do not know your state's orders but in Andhra Pradesh, Higher Education dept. has given a clear directive that HRD/UGC/AICTE must be implemented and that original must be returned to the student immediately on demand.  The proper procedure is issuing a notice under CP Act under copy to UGC and after 15 days informing to UGC under copy to college and after one month to file a complaint before District consumer forum.  All these costs nothing except postage.  As per UGC directives if two or more students complaint, the recognition will be canceled and that is the power of that directive and concern for students.

I am not treating it in the wrong way.  I only advised you that you have to open a new thread, and should not post in a thread not related to your issue.  This is part of the guidance.   I am also a member like you and every member of the forum is treated with equal dignity and respect.