subbu23

Information on proposals,estimations from Public Works Department

Question

subbu23

Our colony is situated adjacent to a government college playground. Due to lack of fencing,miscreants are using our colony pathway and tresspass into college campus for drinking and other anti social activities.In this regard we filed several complaints to DC,Police and College Principal. Finally,PWD dept agreed to construct a compound wall between our colony and college. AE , PWD informed me that 28 lakhs has been sanctioned for compound wall construction and the work has not been carried out as its very hard to get contractors at peek time. After 30 days, he replied that he would carry out the construction work after elections are over  ie April 18. He also added that some residents have encroached 2 ft of college land and he would demolish the compound walls built by residents before constructing the compound wall between college and our colony. I suspect he must have used the funds for some other work and closed the year end accounts march 31st

I called him after 18th and he replied that he would start on 22 nd. Again I called him on 26 th, for which he replied he will carry put the work after declaration on election results on May 23. Its been 3 months after sanction of funds and AE is delaying the work. In this regard,I would like to seek information on proposals sent by AE,estimations and copy of funds sanctioned, and contract details. details of land encroached by residents., copy of orders that state construction work should not carried out until declaration of results.

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

You are expert in the matter and we remember your fight with the college on disposal of their waste water outside on public place and how you have solved that issue.  Search in RTI wiki and seek information as per template/sample RTI Application for your need.  Make modifications necessary.  I am afraid that estimations, copy of funds sanctioned in way related to election and may be awarding a contract may pose problems during elections.