Shree Vathsan

Inspection of General Diary at Police Station

Question

Shree Vathsan

Can the General Diary of the police station where particulars of "All the details in r/o criminals arrested and entry of arrival/departure of all enrolled police officers on duty with nature of their duties, duty performed and places visited etc."   are maintained be inspected and photo copies sought from a particular police station under RTI?

Is there any particular clause/section that needs to be quoted for inspection under RTI? Any format available for inspection under RTI?

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Remember there were never restrictions in RTI Act in seeking any information and those exemptions with justification must be stated by PIO with his denial of information.

Seek information as a right for any public record, if it is denied, before going for appeal come back for guidance. and prepare a pucca first appeal.

• Like 1

Sunil Ahya

Description of Information Required:

1. In-accordance with the provision of section 2(j)(i) of the RTI Act, kindly provide me with an inspection of XX documents.

Please note that, during the process of aforesaid inspection, I shall select the required information, kindly do provide me with a certified photocopy of such selected information on the payment of prescribed fees.

• Like 1