News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
khan1978

I did an RTI in the name of my friend but signed me.

Question

khan1978

The fact is that I did an RTI in the name of my friend.But there was a mistake in signing it.I did not take a friend's signature in it.And I made my signature.Now pio is threatening to sue me under 420.Pio demanded a memorandum from my friend.So my friend has given the consent letter.Still pio wants to sue me.I want to know that if I made an RTI in the name of my friend and the signature in it is mine. So can I be sued on 420?

To understand more, the RTI application and the consent letter are attached.IMG-20190516-WA0002.jpgIMG-20190516-WA0003.jpg%E0%A4%B8%E0%A4%B9%E0%A4%AE%E0%A4%A4%E0%A4%BF%20%E0%A4%AA%E0%A4%A4%E0%A5%8D%E0%A4%B0-WPS%20Office_1.jpg

Sent from my RMX1811 using RTI INDIA mobile app

5 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Certainly, you have done a crime.  But your motive is not for any unlawful gain to you or unlawful loss to anyone.   Though your friend's letter can not erase/wipe your crime, he is the affected person, and if he has no objection, nothing can happen to you.  Do not fear and always use your own name.  If you are worried about your safety, request your friend to sign his name as an applicant.  Keep silent and nothing can happen.  Never do that again.

• Like 2

ravindralko
Certainly, you have done a crime.  But your motive is not for any unlawful gain to you or unlawful loss to anyone.   Though your friend's letter can not erase/wipe your crime, he is the affected person, and if he has no objection, nothing can happen to you.  Do not fear and always use your own name.  If you are worried about your safety, request your friend to sign his name as an applicant.  Keep silent and nothing can happen.  Never do that again.
So nice response sir

Sent from my vivo 1804 using RTI INDIA mobile app

khan1978

But Sir the Public Information Officer has filed a report against me.

Sent from my RMX1811 using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

Any one can file complaint.  It is the duty of PIO to file such complaint as he can not ignore such crimes.  His duty comes to end with that routine complaint.  But no one can proceed further, as there is no money involved.  Your friend can give a statement to them, he himself has authorised you to sign his name, as he is away.

Sunil Ahya

You may file two such same RTI applications once again, one in your name, and another in the name of your friend. The one that is filed by you would be signed by you and the other which is filed in the name of your friend would be signed by him. The RTI applications would be exactly the same.

Let the PIO pursue his point of view, at the same time, you too pursue your point of view (i.e. first appeal, second appeal, complaint etc.) for seeking the requested information.

• Like 1