News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
vikrama07

Appeal under RTI Act, 2005

vikrama07

Sir/Madam,

It is informed that an activist has made an application under RTI Act, 2005 seeking the certified/attested list of Food Security Cardholders by mentioning their names, FSC numbers, income declaration details. profession details etc., In turn, the applicant has been informed that the details the Food Security Cardholders are available on departmental website and can go through the same.  However, the applicant was not satisfied with the reply and filed an appeal before the Appellate Authority, citing the Orders Passed in Appeal No. 10608/CIC/2010 dated 31/08/2012 and has state that PIO cannot ask applicant to download the information from the website and PIO in this case, has been directed to provide the information in the shaope of hardcopy free of cost to the applicant.

In this regard, it is requested to advise on the following.

1) is it wrong to advise the applicant to download the details of Food Security Cardholders from the Government Official Website.

2) Can we provide the details of income and profession of the Food Security Cardholders without their knowledge. Further, our office do not have the details of income and profession of all the cardholders, as they have been uploaded online and the information is available with NIC.

3) Can we give the Certified/Attested details of the Food Security Cardholders in hardcopy to the applicant.

Please guide

avinash_hyd007

I think this is the 1st Appeal filed by myself before Telangana State Civil Supplies Department seeking information. I'm unable to understand how my 1st Appeal contents has been shared in this App.... However, experts may offer their respective suggestions on this issue...

Sent from my LM-Q710.FGN using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

In this forum, both PIOs and citizens are treated the same and the spirit of RTI Act is important.  Forum is always impartial and members are guiding only on precedents.  I appreciate the sincerity of PIO member/FAA  as they wish to know the correct position, without denying information on invented grounds and seeking clarification.  These kinds of gestures to learn more reduces burden both at FAA and Second appeal level.

1.  There are different forms of seeking information.  ( like Information in letter form, inspection, copies, and certified copies ) If the information was sought in the form of certified copies, it should be given only in that form.  In this specific case, website information downloading is not difficult, but the applicant can not get such certified copies as applications are never uploaded.  There are several instances, whenever certain information is required on such card holders, Civil supplies department deleted such information from the website.  Advising applicant to download is not improper but not correct without confirming himself whether all that information is really available in the website or not.

In one sentence:  When certified copies are solicited, PIO has to provide certified copies only.

2. Any document that is received by Public authority to avail welfare schemes becomes a Public record with authority and it is no more personal information.  PIO must provide such information in the larger  public interest as those citizens not deserving such benefits should not avail Govt subsidy schemes. (But in several cases filed by me they have never provided such information and the stock answer is records not traceable, name deleted)

2. Like any other public record, as the information is not exempted, the documents should be provided to the applicant.

• Like 1

vikrama07

Sri Prasad, GLN garu thank you very much for the reply. It is very useful for us.

thanking you

vikram

vikrama07
4 hours ago, avinash_hyd007 said:

I think this is the 1st Appeal filed by myself before Telangana State Civil Supplies Department seeking information. I'm unable to understand how my 1st Appeal contents has been shared in this App.... However, experts may offer their respective suggestions on this issue...

Sent from my LM-Q710.FGN using RTI INDIA mobile app

Sri Avinash garu, you are right. , the matter has been posted in the forum to have the expert opinion and to provide information in  proper way to you, as it was not done earlier.

regards

Vikram

• Like 1

vikrama07
3 hours ago, Prasad GLN said:

In this forum, both PIOs and citizens are treated the same and the spirit of RTI Act is important.  Forum is always impartial and members are guiding only on precedents.  I appreciate the sincerity of PIO member/FAA  as they wish to know the correct position, without denying information on invented grounds and seeking clarification.  These kinds of gestures to learn more reduces burden both at FAA and Second appeal level.

1.  There are different forms of seeking information.  ( like Information in letter form, inspection, copies, and certified copies ) If the information was sought in the form of certified copies, it should be given only in that form.  In this specific case, website information downloading is not difficult, but the applicant can not get such certified copies as applications are never uploaded.  There are several instances, whenever certain information is required on such card holders, Civil supplies department deleted such information from the website.  Advising applicant to download is not improper but not correct without confirming himself whether all that information is really available in the website or not.

In one sentence:  When certified copies are solicited, PIO has to provide certified copies only.

2. Any document that is received by Public authority to avail welfare schemes becomes a Public record with authority and it is no more personal information.  PIO must provide such information in the larger  public interest as those citizens not deserving such benefits should not avail Govt subsidy schemes. (But in several cases filed by me they have never provided such information and the stock answer is records not traceable, name deleted)

2. Like any other public record, as the information is not exempted, the documents should be provided to the applicant.

Sri Prasad, GLN garu thank you very much for the reply. It is very useful for us.

thanking you

vikram