News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
lovegupta

format for second appear hearing authorization

Question

lovegupta

My wife has got a notice for second appeal hearing which i had filed on her behalf. I want to join the hearing along with her.

the notice says that "The appellant/complainant may present his/her case(s) in person or through his/her duly authorized representative".

Is there any format for giving authorization to me from her so that i can join the hearing along with her. And after authorization, will we both be able to join or will it be only one of us?

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Attendance during second appeal hearing is not mandatory as per RTI Act.

It is proper to file written submissions as it may help in saving time through personal hearing and if IC is ideal, he will go through submissions and forms an idea of the case.

This is different from personal hearing.

During hearing also, it is always proper to prepare written submissions, explain in brief grounds and file written submissions.

You can send the representation notice as a routine course.  Because they have not received the notice, they can not refuse to hear you.  Please do file your authorization letter and if possible, make a call to them and confirm with Registrar on placing the same in the file.

Prasad GLN

No uniform format has been prescribed.  Her attendance is also not needed.  That is just a formality.  Please mail a copy in advance and retain one copy with you for showing it to Commission..

Before

.................Information commission,.....................

File No:

Against:  SPIO,........................

Appellant:.....................................

Authorisation letter for representing the appellant for hearing on.....................

Appellant humbly submits that she could not attend hearing on.........................and hereby authorizes her husband Sri................................for representing her and submitting the grounds of appeal and praying for such remedies under RTI Act.  He may be permitted to attend the hearing on the basis of this authorization letter

Shri ............................Signs as....................................................................

Appellant

• Like 2

lovegupta

Thanks,

As the hearing is on 31st May, can i email them this application now?

Prasad GLN

What prevented you in sending the mail even now.  Always take action when it is not dangerous.

• Like 1

lovegupta
Posted (edited)

Oh Sorry, nothing prevented. I just asked because i can see below line in the hearing notice served to my wife-

All the parties may submit their written submission, if any, to the Commission at least 7 days
before the date of hearing. A copy of the same shall be served upon opposite party. If any party
wishes to make online submission, the same may be sent to the Commission's link only viz.,
http://dsscic.nic.in/online-link-paper-compliance/add

So i am just dubious if we missed the date and i will not be allowed to represent her. I want to represent her, she will also join me in hearing but as she is not that familiar with the terms and prompt replies i want to represent her.

Let me know if we can still send them this representation on email and give them the undersigned copy on the date of hearing. Thanks a lot :)

Edited by lovegupta
NA