News Ticker
Harsha Uchil

Trace wrong ownership on Patta/Khata document

Question

Harsha Uchil

Hi,

I'm an owner of an undivided share of property along with 9 other family members. Recently the patta showed a 10th member of the family appearing on the Patta papers leaving out my name. This new entry seems to have happened sometime duing 2016 while the previous patta copies showed the correct entries. Can I file an RTI to the Tahsildars office to get information on how the new entry would have got into the system as no personal visits to the office and queries are leading to any satisfactory response from staff. I would like to understand how such cases need to be dealt with and if RTI can be an effective tool here to get more transparency.

Regards,

Harsha U

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Yes.  You can file RTI Application to concerned Tehasildar or Revenue officer that can affect such mutations and seek information.

Information solicited:

1. Please provide all copies of documents, including such applications, recommendations, inspection, notes, etc. entries in registers basing on which in Patta No..................of village............................., the name of ......................................was deleted and the name of.......................................was added.

2. Please provide the names of all employees that are concerned with such deletion/addition stating their role in making such deletions and additions.

A copy of patta is enclosed for reference.

Harsha Uchil

Thank you much for your prompt response. Will follow up as recommended. Regards.