News Ticker
Harisrmite

College withholding documents

Question

Harisrmite
Posted (edited)

I want to discontinue B.Sc. course from Indian Academy Degree college- Autonomous, Bangalore as I want to pursue B.Tech. When asked for my certificates management is demanding to pay full course fee of 3 years to return my documents. I want my certificates without paying any extra money. Please help.

Edited by Harisrmite
Got the answer.

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

Issue a Registered Notice to The principal requesting for the return of original documents handed for verification within 15 days as per UGC/HRD directives and mark copy to University Grants Commission and HRD, New Delhi.  Please search in the forum for similar replies in the past on the same issue where the directives were also stated.

Legally you have to pay that amount for abandoning the course in the middle causing financial loss to the college and for this they can not keep your original documents.  Both issues are separate.  They must return the documents as and when student demands as per UGC/HRD/AICTE directives.