News Ticker
rtipatrol

Government Quarters information

Question

rtipatrol

SP of police visited residential quarters for police and ordered for demolition of  10 blocks of dilapidated buildings. Police families were relocated to a temporary accomodation. Funds got sanctioned for constructing new blocks at the demolition site.SP got transferred and the project is pending. Our repeated representation is of no use. We would like to seek information on funds sanctioned, reason for delay in starting the project .

5 answers to this question

Prasad GLN
Posted (edited)

What can you do by knowing that information?

Such displaced families are more, the affected people are many, there was no problem as everyone was accommodated.

They have a powerful union/association and they have links to know status and developments themselves as they are concerned.

Jump into the fray, only when you can bring a change through logical conclusion and do not expose yourself on petty things that cannot make any difference.

Do not think that your repeated representations are of no use, get them solved through the interference of welfare association and meeting concerned officials in a group.  In police, discipline is the priority, and I have not come across any broad-minded superior who considers their subordinates are also citizens.  Our actions should bring results and should not drag us to further problems.

Still, if you wanted to go on hunting for the information, seek such information as follows:

Information solicited:

1. Please provide the reasons on the record for the abnormal delay in commencing housing project for police quarters at................................................

2.The present status and plan of action to complete the quarters within a time frame.

Edited by Prasad GLN
  • Like 2

rtipatrol

Sir,

How about copy of funds released for constructing the quarters. Will it be with the SP of police,Would like to seek info on funds sanctioned details. How will they credit such funds to SP of police and under which head of accounts.Pls help

Prasad GLN

As per my knowledge housing construction is not within control of Supdt of Police and they have separate Police Housing Construction Corporation for executing civil engineering works.  Find out from google mentioning the name of your state  Ex.  AP Police Housing Corporation.  Or file RTI Application direct to DGP and they will forward the same to concerned dept.

rtipatrol

Sir , The housing Construction done by TNPHC. I will send the RTI application to them. Should I ask them

1. Please send copy of funds sanction order for constructing quarters at xxxx

Correct me for the correct phrase to use