News Ticker
RBCHAVAN

section 6(3)

Question

RBCHAVAN

I had filed a RTI application seeking information to four points to the Town Planning office (TPO) ,City Corporation on 14/05/2019. After 27 days I received a letter from the PIO of TPO informing me that information pertaining to point no. 1 related to the Public Works Department (PWD) and my application along with the IPO was transferred under section 6(3)even though it was a inter departmental transfer within the same public authority. Remaining three points concerned the TPO to which the PIO informed me to file separate application for remaining points (subject) as information can be provided to one subject per application under RTI Act .The PIO has not mentioned any sections for the above advice.  Both the TPO and PWD sections come under the City Corporation having the same FAA . Does this mean denial of information to remaining three points. Shall I file the appeal only to the remaining three points or wait for the reply from the other PIO.   

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

There might be a mistake in your understanding.

PWD is different and a separate state Government dept.,

Corporation is the local government body.

However, when you are stating with confidence that both PIOs have one FAA, Public authority might have been only one.

The PIO has to severe that information you have solicited and transfer that part of query only to second PIO of another public authority.

There is a time limit of 5 days within which the transfer has to be effected.  There is violation.

As a citizen, just focus on information, always try to get from first two stages.

You can wait for 35 days from date of your posting RTI Application and then file first appeal must be on grounds of deemed denial, and also late transfer of RTI Application.  Wait for 35 days  for that point transferred to second PIO and continue First appeal in that process depending on progress.

• Thanks 1