News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
k.manikyam

Suggestions regarding second appeal hearing

Question

k.manikyam

Sir,

One year ago I filed second appeal application at AP information Commission against Municipality PIO AND FAA, I have received the second appeal hearing notice on June 10 and hearing date was on 11 june , second appeal hearing date was on yesterday but i was in out of station was unable to present.

1. Do i need to file any application or request letter for regarding second appeal i was absent.

2. Do i need to send once again any documents regarding spio reply and faa reply to AP INFORMATION COMMISSION , because when the time of filing second appeal i already enclosed all the copies.

3. Do i request to AP information Commission please resolve my case on the basis of second appeal application, because i was absent for second appeal hearing due to out of station.

4.kindly provide your valuable suggestions regarding second appeal and also any letter or application is necessary please provide the format along with the fees . Thanking you...

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Attendance to second appeal hearing by Appellant is not mandatory.

However, Information Commission must clearly give atleast one week notice.

Preserve the envelope and represent to IC for rehearing of the case immediately before orders are made and communicated.  First send e mail and then follow it up with hard copy by Regd

If you are lucky you may get another opportunity of hearing.

Even if appellant is not present, IC has to deliver orders on facts appearing in the appeal.

If orders are pronounced and communicated, you have no other remedy than approaching HC for justice.

• Like 1

k.manikyam

Thank you Sir