News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
jhaamit

Can the questions in FAA be changed?

Question

jhaamit

I have filed an RTI query about my recruitment in PSU as follows:

1. Status of my application
2. Date the result was announced
3. Reason for rejection of my application
4. Mode of announcement of results - SMS, email, public notice
5. Link in the website where results are published

The response was:

Recruitment of Deputy Manager / Assistant Manager (Desktop Support) was put on hold by the management, hence selection process was not completed,
In view of this we are not in a position to provide above information sought by you.
In case, you want to go for an appeal in connection with the information provided, you may appeal to the Appellate Authority indicated below within thirty days from the date of receipt of this letter.

So, I want to ask if we can change questions in FAA RTI query and ask about the reasons to put the recruitment on hold and was there any notification about it?

I have filed he RTI query online.

7 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

FAA's obligation is to direct his subordinate Public Information Officer suitably to follow such stipulations in RTI Act, if he finds from first appellant has stated any grounds of violation.

Information should always be from Public Information officer.

You can ask a friend or relative from different station to file RTI Application seeking information as follows:

Information solicited:

1.Please provide the copy of office notes/directions that state the reasons for putting on hold the recruitment of Deputy Managers, Assistant Managers (desk top).

2.Please inform whether there is an obligation on public authority to inform developments to the aspiring candidates, without giving scope for each candidate filing individual RTI Applications.

3.Please provide the link if the matter is put on website about suspending such recruitment.

4.Inform further plan of action for recruitment in future if  available on record if any. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

jhaamit

I will copy paste your questions in my FAA RTI query.

Thanks a lot.

jhaamit

I have asked these questions and the answer from FAA are:

1. Considering the progress of the project, the selection of the above said post was
withheld by the management. Hence the internal notes consists of other confidential data
cannot be shared.

2. Public authority has obligations to provide information sought through RTI. Under
the RTI Act, only such information can be provided which is available and held by the Public
Authority or held under the control of the Public Authority.

3.  No such information has been published in the website.

4. Considering the progress of the project, all recruitments are withheld till further
review by the management.

Prasad GLN

Go for second appeal.

Grounds for Appeal:  PIO has to either provide the information or deny information stating such exemptions in RTI Act Sec.8 (1).  There is no such confidential data that was exempted under RTI Act and hence FAA providing such information is not as per stipulations under RTI Act. ( 1 &2)

If you have paid fees to authority, and if you do not want job, then go to consumer forum for deficiency of service for not conducting recruitment after collecting such fees and keeping you in dark for indefinite periods.

• Like 1

jhaamit

Thanks for help

They have not asked fees for the examination and I am not interested for the job now.

Will consumer forum will be proper channel to get the answers?

Prasad GLN

If they have not collected fees, there is no scope of going under CP Act.  The remedy under CP Act is that some amount should be paid as consideration, and that dept., must fail in delivering the services which amounts to deficiency of services.  If you have not paid any fees, then you wanted only information continue RTI process and get a meaningful decision from IC through second appeal .