News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
damodard29

Inspectorate dock safety, Mormugao

Question

damodard29

Sir, here I have seeked the information hand delivered RTI application letter and have acknowledged the same with stamp and inward No, on ammonia storage present within the vicinity of dock area to the subject authority, it's already month now I have not received the information, I have seeked, again most of the time this office at my area pincode 403804 is remaining close their is no landline telephone No, when I tried to call on mobile to the person in charge here he says I should not call him even when I tried to know from him about the closure of his office he says he is not supposed to inform me all that, and when I tried to know about my RTI application he says he has forwarded it to necessary Dept.(dept not known to me) and I will get the reply . Here my information pertains to section 7(1) since it concerns the life or liberty of person.

Information seeked :

Ammonia storage inspection report periodically done.

Date of inspection and years since the last inspection and validity.

This the information has been seeked after my personal visit to factories and boilers chief director has informed me to check with subject authority.

Please help me to guide with the proper procedure how to deal with above circumstances said here.

Sent from my vivo 1606 using RTI INDIA mobile app

6 answers to this question

Sunil Ahya

Wait for say approximately 35 days from the date of filing of the RTI application and if you do not receive any response from the PIO, then file a first appeal with the concerned First Appellate Authority under section 19(1) of the RTI Act.

• Like 2

damodard29
On 6/16/2019 at 9:43 AM, damodard29 said:

Sir, here I have seeked the information hand delivered RTI application letter and have acknowledged the same with stamp and inward No, on ammonia storage present within the vicinity of dock area to the subject authority, it's already month now I have not received the information, I have seeked, again most of the time this office at my area pincode 403804 is remaining close their is no landline telephone No, when I tried to call on mobile to the person in charge here he says I should not call him even when I tried to know from him about the closure of his office he says he is not supposed to inform me all that, and when I tried to know about my RTI application he says he has forwarded it to necessary Dept.(dept not known to me) and I will get the reply . Here my information pertains to section 7(1) since it concerns the life or liberty of person.

Information seeked :

Ammonia storage inspection report periodically done.

Date of inspection and years since the last inspection and validity.

This the information has been seeked after my personal visit to factories and boilers chief director has informed me to check with subject authority.

Please help me to guide with the proper procedure how to deal with above circumstances said here.

Dear Sir,

Please help me to draft a complaint to CIC on above RTI application since its no point , I write to FAA since most of the time this office remaine close. 

Prasad GLN

If the office remains closed send it by Regd Ack due.  Service proof is enough.

Whether FAA honours his statutory obligations are not, one has to follow laid down steps under RTI Act, if information is the focus.

Time and again experts advised to focus on information alone, and for getting information you must go first for first appeal.

Complaint is useless as complainant has no right for information under Sec.18 of complaint.

Imposing penalty and recommendation of disciplinary action is not within hands of complainant, as it was ruled that the matter was in between Public authority and IC and that RTI Act gives  right to information only for citizens.

Rest is left to your discretion.

regards

prasad

• Thanks 1

damodard29

Sir, now I received here reply directly from PIO from DGFASLI office from SION -Mumbai , here inspectorate of dock safety from Mormugao has transferred my application to this DGFASLI office after collecting reply from MPT Office they had replied to me earlier stating the safety information which I have seeked is 3rd party and have said rejected u/s 11 of the RTI act, now this DGFASLI PIO has sent me same xerox copies of port replied to me without providing any proper information I have seeked..

Sent from my vivo 1606 using RTI INDIA mobile app

Sunil Ahya

You will need to file a first appeal under section 19(1) with the concerned First Appellate Authority on the following ground:

Grounds of first appeal:

1. The PIO has denied information under section 11 of the RTI Act, which is a procedural provision.

As per section 7(1) of the RTI Act, on receipt of a request for information, a PIO shall either provide the information on payment of such fee as may be prescribed or reject the request for any of the reasons specified in sections 8 and 9:

The PIO has neither provided the requested information nor rejected the request for any of the reasons specified in sections 8 and 9.

Thus, the PIO has disposed of my request for information in violation of the provision of section 7(1) of the RTI Act.

Prayers of the first appeal:

1. In accordance with the provision of section 19(5) of the RTI Act, kindly put the onus on the  PIO to justify the denial of my request for information.

2. Kindly direct the PIO to provide the requested information in accordance with the letter and spirit of section 7(1) read with section 8 & 9 of the RTI Act.

• Like 1

Prasad GLN

To be precise Sec.11 is not meant for denial of information.  Denial can only be made under Sec. 8 (1) and in case of third party, they may call for his comments as a procedural formality.

• Like 1