News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
nazirazad

information notasked for provided by PIO

Question

nazirazad

After a long struggle I succeeded in getting the verdict from FAA when he instructed PIO (undersecretary to Government) to provide me the required information.The PIO instructed the college principals of the state to send the information directly to me.But some principals either provided wrong or incomplete information or the information not asked for.

Should I file my complaint before undersecretary ( pio of administrative department) or FAA or State Information Commission?

Please guide.

Sent from my SM-G570F using RTI INDIA mobile app

7 answers to this question

nazirazad

Instruction of Administration Department PIO after verdict of FAARTI 1.jpg

nazirazad
Instruction of Administration Department PIO after verdict of FAAspacer.png

Kindly ignore this post

Prasad GLN
Posted (edited)

Finally what is the query ?   The post states transfer of RTI Application from PIO to another PIO.  What are the FAA orders ?  What was the exact query and date of RTI ?

The obligation of providing such information within 30 days from receipt of RTI Application is always with designated Public Information officers.   It appears that  it appears that transfer was made on 3-6-2019 and it may reach PIO on 8-6-2019 and if PIO provides that information on 7-7-2019 it may reach appellant only on 12-7-2019.  If appellant fails to receive information on 12-7-2019, he may prefer first appeal to the college PIO's superior authority, designated as FAA .

Edited by Prasad GLN

nazirazad
Finally what is the query ?   The post states transfer of RTI Application from PIO to another PIO.  What are the FAA orders ?  What was the exact query and date of RTI ?
The obligation of providing such information within 30 days from receipt of RTI Application is always with designated Public Information officers.   It appears that  it appears that transfer was made on 3-6-2019 and it may reach PIO on 8-6-2019 and if PIO provides that information on 7-7-2019 it may reach appellant only on 12-7-2019.  If appellant fails to receive information on 12-7-2019, he may prefer first appeal to the college PIO's superior authority, designated as FAA .
Sir.
The pay fixation in next grade, then fixation on account of seventh pc, the arrears calculated and latest pay details of sixty one principals appointed vide single government order was sought in December 2018 from pio higher education department. He initially denied information on the plea of non availability of the required information.
I filed first appeal before FAA who after a long process directed pIO to do as requested by me.
PIo tranfered the application to two nodal principals of the state ( Jammu + Kashmir ) on 3/6/19 through email .Jammu nodal principal circulated my application wihin a couple of days to the principals of Jammu region while as Kashmir Nodal principal circulated it on 13/6 to the Kashmir colleges asking them to send the required information to me directly.
Some principals provided wrong , some sent ambiguous and some provided incomplete information and the information from most of the principals is awaited.
In the given situation should I go for second appeal or file complaint with FAA against the principals whose information is not satisfactory?
Kindly guide me.

Prasad GLN

List out those PIOs that have provided incomplete information, and deemed denial of information, and incorrect information.  That means you have to prepare three lists separately.

File addendum to first appeal stating that information clearly to FAA.

Wait for his response and then go for second appeal.

nazirazad

Thank you sir

Prasad GLN

I am surprised first with title.  Information not asked provided.

Often PIOs complain that RTI Act is being misused.

Do you know that PIOs can also misuse/abuse RTI Act.

Yes.  True.  I have been handling such a case that has not reached it's final stage even after eleven years.

The citizen is 96 years old.  Her son has leased a property to a PSU.  Her son was just a owner and never had any business transactions, and as he was in a different station for last 40 years, as he was receiving lease rent, no one suspected a fraud.

After death of the owner, the agent appointed by PSU divided the property within his family.

The citizen asked facts of agent becoming owner.

The dealer\s advocate prepared a letter as to how PSU should reply,  PSU obtained such a request letter, stated that it is a record provided by dealer, and provided that incorrect information that owner was indebted to them and such debt was paid by their dealer, and this is the consideration for sale of the site taken by them for rent.

The fact is that citizen's son never had a financial relation.  As PSU stated that information it became a public record, the case was dismissed.by court in 2009 as 96 year old citizen has not established fraud that has taken place in 1964.  

When citizen has asked same public authority, CPIO refused inspection after CIC decision and stated that providing information for incidents that happened prior to 20 years is his discretion.  But for dealer, he has obtained RTI Application and provided that information as required by him stating that it is a public record.  For eleven years PIO has not provided the facts on his public records .

Hon'ble IC decided when public authority has stated that informaiton as per records, it is the end.

If not citizen has to court and establish fraud by PSU in court and there is no role of RTI in getting such public record, as it is an information useful only for citizen and not in larger public interest !!!!!

• Like 1