News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
jhaamit

RTI in Maharashtra Government

Question

jhaamit

Hi Team,

My electricity meter was not working properly. It was giving inflated bills. For that I have filed a grievance in https://grievances.maharashtra.gov.in/en/ which should be solved in 21 days.

The grievance was not solved in 21 days. And I got some of the amount back in electric meter. But, I think that some of the amount is still remaining. I want to ask for the delay in getting this matter solved and what formula they have applied in giving me the amount back as I am not satisfied with it. This is my first grievance to file an RTI query.

My second grievance is that I have filed the same issue in Maharashtra State Commission. This is the website to file grievance https://aaplesarkar.mahaonline.gov.in/en/

For that I have paid ₹23 (₹20 fees + ₹3 GST).

The issue filed here should be solved in 15 days

But its still not solved. I am attaching a snapshot for this. This is my second grievance to file an RTI query.

If I want to file RTI for both of this, to whom should I redirect? CMO, Maharashtra? As I cannot see RTI details in both the websites.

Thanks & regards,

Amit Jha

RTS.thumb.png.eda1ad7df0bc37e9ec767b0d6769e8c9.png

3 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

The accountability ultimately is only on local authorities that must implement the time frame fixed under citizen charter.  You can issue registered notice , informing them the time frame within which the meter has to be replaced, and the delay, and if the meter is not replaced within 15 days it amounts to deficiency of services under CP Act.   After a month after issuing such notices, you may file consumer complaint before District Consumer Forum.

You can file RTI Application to the authority that is entrusted with such billing and can demand information as follows:

1.Please provide me the certified copy of calculation sheet for arriving to consumption charges  for the months of ......on Consumer No......at..................................address as the meter was faulty.

Prasad GLN

When the applicant is expected to seek information from the concerned public authority, your query of routing through CMO and then delaying the process through such transfers from CMO to various dept in electricity etc., is not proper.  As per Sec.6 (3) of RTI, any public information officer that received RTI Application must transfer the application to the relevant SPIO  as expeditiously possible and within 5 days.

jhaamit
Posted (edited)

Even if I file RTI on CMO, Maharashtra, will they redirect it to the correct department and reply?

Edited by jhaamit