News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
damodard29

Ammonia storage safety information with Mormugao Municipal Council

Question

damodard29

Sir,

Under proviso of life and liberty I have seeked the information of safety for ammonia storage with MMC, which within its territory and in dock area of mgpt.

The information seeked:

1.inspection report of tank and test to ascertain present condition of tank.

2.the date of inspection and last inspection and inspection frequency periodically done in past.

Since this safety information pertains to life or liberty being no reply from MMC within 48 hours I have filled the FAA,

Now MMC, PIO has transefered my RTI application mgpt to give the reply to me . When MMC is the public authority where this storage is permitted to operate, and again when I seeked the same info to port they have rejected my information u/s 11 and same is pending before CIC after rejected from their FAA.

Please advise how to treat with this do I have to file appeal to state information commission against MMC. Or their is any different procedure..

Sent from my vivo 1606 using RTI INDIA mobile app

3 answers to this question

damodard29

I had seeked information from PIO / MMC on 17/6/2019 and then FAA on 20/6/2019, for not recieved reply from PIO /MMC now today on 29/6/2019 I have recieved letter from PIO /MMC has transferred my application to mgpt central govt of india.

Prasad GLN
Posted (edited)

Though it is not your duty, atleast educate both PIO and FAA on their Sec. 6 (3) obligation in transferring the application within 5 days from receipt.  At least they will learn fundamentals from citizens.

I also suggest for filing application before CPIO, MMC for providing information as follows;

1.Please provide the copy of orders/notification/circulars that state the obligation of MMC for storage of ammonia at..............................Goa.

Then it becomes clear as to where there was negligence and failure.

Edited by Prasad GLN
  • Like 1

damodard29
Though it is not your duty, atleast educate both PIO and FAA on their Sec. 6 (3) obligation in transferring the application within 5 days from receipt.  At least they will learn fundamentals from citizens.
I also suggest for filing application before CPIO, MMC for providing information as follows;
1.Please provide the copy of orders/notification/circulars that state the obligation of MMC for storage of ammonia at..............................Goa.
Then it becomes clear as to where there was negligence and failure.
Sir, I believe I can seek this information under the provision of life or liberty of RTI act 2005,