News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
rtipatrol

EPF Pension Query

Question

rtipatrol
Posted (edited)

SMy cousin lost her Dad recently. My Uncle divorced his wife when my cousin was 6 yrs old . The divorce order was passed in 2004 and the court passed a  order for  the daughter to stay with her father as her mother was mentally ill. Now at the age of 19,she applied for nominee pension at EPF office. EPF office clarified that since her father had short service and due to some other circulars, she cant avail nomineee pension whereas, she  can try for orphan pension. When she approached the regional PF office, they are not clear about orphan pension.They replied that she could get orphan pension only if she had lost her mom also.Her mother wherabouts are unknown for the last 14 yrs.In this regard. I would like to file RTI and get info on orphan pension circular, docs required for orphan pension and specific remedy for my cousin case. Its like I would like to know whether a child  who lost her Dad and legally seperated from her mother is eligible for orphan pension. I personally visited EPF office and officers are providing mixed opinions.Kindly help

She has applied for Legal heir certificate at VAO offfice online by remitting fees Rs 60, Its been more than 30 days and VAO is responding to her calls and personal visits,She needs legal heir ceritificate for college fees waiver, withdrawing her dads money from bank, recovering the jewels mortgaged  in her dads name etc.Can she apply RTI life and liberty case or CP notice?

Pls help

Edited by rtipatrol

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

1.Ask her to file this as Grievance in on line portal on pension issues and always have written rejections, and finally she can go for a writ to High court.

2.Where a citizen pays for certain services as fee for availing any service, and if there is a time frame for giving that certificate and if it is not given, it amounts to deficiency of services and the citizen becomes a consumer.  Ask her to issue a simple notice to concerned revenue authority, demanding for certificate, costs and compensation for harassment.  The notice can be simple.

To

NOTICE UNDER CP ACT.

1.I have on...............applied for a legal heir certificate of my father..................

2.I have paid prescribed fees of Rs......and complied with all documentary formalities for requiring certificate.

3.As per time frame fixed under citizen charter, the certificate has to be given within......days from date of receiving application.

4.As the certificate is not given within time frame, I have contacted Shri.................many a times, but there is no progress. (Dates of contact_

Hence this notice under CP Act informing that I have to proceed legally by filing a complaint before District Consumer Forum seeking certificate, costs and compensation for harassment if the certificate is not provided within a week from receipt of this notice.

• Like 1

rtipatrol
Posted (edited)

Thanks Sir. Can we send Cp notice to VAO? or to Tehsildar

Edited by rtipatrol