News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
K.yeshwanth ram

money demand for returning certificates

Question

K.yeshwanth ram

i'm studying engineering in andhra pradesh. now i'm in 3rd year and wanted to quit engineering. but the collage is demanding remaining two years fee to return my certificates.!help

5 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Please issue a simple  Registered notice to the principal requesting him to return the original certificates within one week from date of receipt of your notice as per AICTE/UGC/Govt. Of AP/MHR directives and mark a copy to all those AICTE/UGC/State Technical Education/Ministry of HRD, Govt of India.   They must be returned to you on demand.

For more details search in the forum on this issue with key words "Returning of original certificates as there were more than hundred success stories "

Remember that their demand for fees is justified as they have incurred huge financial loss, as you have abandoned the course in the middle, and they can not admit any new student during mid semesters.  Their demand is legally justified but they can not retain your original certificates.  Both issues are separate.  The college has not asked you to quit, and it is you that is causing them financial loss due to quitting on your own.

Edited by Prasad GLN

Amruta Deshmukh

Respected sir, I'm Amruta Deshmukh, My friend studied in B-Pharm for a month and discontinued college due to some financial problems. She asked for original documents in college then principal said she have to pay ninty-five thousand rupees for original documents. Do she really have to pay Rs.95000 just for original documents or for drop-out? Please help me out.

Prasad GLN

Please go through above threads and links and she has to pay the fees, as the college has suffered financial loss as  she has abandoned the course on her own and as college can not admit any new student  for other semesters.

However the college is not legally justified in keeping original qualification certificates as security for the remaining semester fees.

Recovery of college fees is one issue.  Returning of original documents after verification is another issue.  Both can not be linked, and college must return the certificates immediately on demand from student as per UGC/AICTE /MHRD directives.

Amruta Deshmukh

Thanks you sir!