Jump to content
News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
  • 0

Multi state cooperative credit society



Multi state cooperative credit society, registered under mscs act 2002 in department of corporation and farmers welfare krishi Mantralay Bharat Sarkar,falls under RTI act 2095 or not..Can a citizen file a RTI before mscs/DOA&C, DOA&C comes under Rti act and reply but what about mscs, registered with DOA&C GOVT.OF INDIA.KINDLY GUIDE SIR.


Sent from my vivo 1804 using RTI INDIA mobile app



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Prasad GLN

The first step is going to website of  any organisation and study as to whether they have made voluntary disclosures and RTI Act rules in separate segments.

Then in the case of co operative societies , if he is a member, he can seek any information in that society as a right even without RTI.

If the society can not exist without assistance from any Government dept., or under the control of the dept., then it should come under RTI Act.

In case there is assistance, filing application to Concerned Head of the organisation, getting a denial and then making complaint to information commission is the only way.  Then applicant has to argue for bringing the authority under RTI as the organisation ceases to exist without assistance from Government.   This is a long way and time consuming but it helps several public and those who can afford and can make sincere follow up can only resort to this exercise.

If the co-operative society is under Control of Government dept., and submitting any returns or submits any periodical statements, any citizen can seek such information submitted by society, in custody and control of that Government dept., under RTI by making application to SPIO of that department.

Member must remember the fundamentals and proceed further.  File an application at it costs Rs.10/- and before receiving  response make ground work.

If you have time and energy , collect basic violations and make a complaint to controlling Authority for investigation, as they must be having such vested powers, and then follow up with that dept., on action taken on your complaint after one month.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy