News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
galsober

FAA asking for appearance

galsober

Hello,

Applied information under RTI. PIO supplied irrelavent information after 30 days. Posted first appeal and after a wait, got letter that FAA has asked for personal appearance for 'hearing' on 21-11-19 at a stipulated time in his office.

As far as I know FAA cannot ask for applicant's appearance this way in 1st appeal. All this is being done just to deny proper info and to waste my time. Anything hard can be posted in my next letter as i am unable to travel so far for this info? 

Please provide some clauses or judgments which may scare him to abide by the law asap

Thank you in advance

CHITTABARIK

It isn't mandatory for your presence for First Appeal. He should provide you the information asked by you .

But if you want inspection of the documents, you can very well present yourself and ask for information you require.

If you aren't attending, then also #FAA will provide you the information by post

koteswararaonerella

HE CAN ASK APPLICANT/APPELLANT TO ATTEND ENQUIRY /HEARING AND IT IS NOT MANDATORY FOR YOU TO ATTEND AND HE WILL DECIDE CASE ON MERITS IF YOU ATTEND YOU CAN PLEAD YOUR CASE