rtipatrol

Information on proposals

Question

rtipatrol

Sir,

Whenever citizens raise representation seeking new roads for village, construction of UDG, overhead water tank etc, District Rural Development officers state that propsals have been sent to office of principal secretary of Rural Development for approval.In this regard I would like to seek information for last 2 yrs from office principal secretary , the proposals received from our district rural development office, proposals sanctioned, proposals rejected and funds sanctioned

Edited by rtipatrol
spell

5 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

The art of seeking information under RTI is construction of the application.

You can ask the list of proposals submitted to Principal secretary, and status of such proposals from DRD SPIO .

• Like 1

rtipatrol

PIO demanded Rs 68 for copying charges. In his letter he has stated that  I can pay the additional amount as DD in favour of PIO, Revenue dept, Secretariat chennai or in cash or remit in treasury to the head of accounts

I took a account payee DD in favour of PIO, Revenue dept, Secretariat chennai and sent it to PIO, The PIo has returned back the DD and stated that I should pay the DD directly to the head of the account and send the receipt to his office.

Sir, Please clarify on this issue

Prasad GLN

Let us not argue with idiots for simple issues.  The challan has to be prepared by the dept., staff under proper head and they should account for it in their books and send the DD for credit of the respective account.

Information is the priority, and talk to PIO and sort it out the issue on payment of such fees as per his choice.   Once the information is received, if you have time and inclination with such money, go for further appeals and get a decision from SIC that such fees are payable to SPIO only and it is in turn his responsibility to properly account, and SPIO by pushing his responsibility on citizens is harassing them.

• Like 1

rtipatrol

Sir Thank you.I will remit vide treasury challan

Can I issue a CP notice to the CPIO for harassment

Prasad GLN

There is enough time for that.  First get that information .   After getting such certified copies then you can think of further remedies.  Collect   a certified copy of laid down norms for payment of copying fees for the state , and such direction from cpio to you to credit it to treasury and then issue a notice under CP Act demanding for compensating the expenses for harassment and for actuals in spending time and money for extra work which is in fact not needed.

• Like 1